<2000 Space marines live longer with Calgar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space marines live longer with Calgar

Calgar, terminator armour; 265
    Lysander
    10 honour guard, auxiliary grenade launchers, chapter banner, drop pod; 570
    10 space marines, flamer, multi melta, drop pod; 205
    7 assault terminators; 280
    Land raider crusader, multi melta, extra armour, 275

Bring on the wins right?

Any comments welcome, cheers.

Last edited by lord opium; January 17th, 2010 at 01:16.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calgar, terminator armour; 265
    Lysander
    10 honour guard, auxiliary grenade launchers, chapter banner, drop pod; 570
    7 assault terminators; 280
    Land raider crusader, multi melta, extra armour, 275

Hello,
    Not a bad list but I think you may want to consider a couple of things. First, are you playing against a specific army or is this the one you will use most if not all of the time. If this is one you will use all the time you may have trouble with horde armies.
    First the honor guard is too expensive. The units total cost is 570 points. You could gain alot by trimming that squad down. If you removed just 2 of the honor guard which is 35 points each with the additional grenade launchers at 15 points each that totals 100 points. You could gain alot with a hundred points. For example a Preadator, a Whirlwind a ThunderFire Cannon, 2 Land Speeders.
    If your heart is set on an honor guard try experimenting with a 5 man squad for a game or two and then adjusting for your needs. By removing 5 men you will gain 250 points. Oh my !!! Your options get even bigger, Lascannons, devestator squads another tactical squad. vindicators, dreadnoughts.
    You built your honor guard with long range attacks with the grenade launchers so you may want to consider changing the drop pod to a rhino. This allows the combination of constant movement within a vehicle where as the drop pod lands and thats it. The drop is great if you want to get into close combat in the next round or capture an objective but it would not be needed with 10 long range weapons in your squad.
    The tactical squads are excellent but again consider rhinos or razorbacks depending on the mission and your opponent's army. Remember your going to have alot of games that need scoring units and it is better to have them in a rhino or razorback then having them move by foot and under constant enemy fire.
    The Terminators, nice job just remember against Space Marines Lightning Claws or Thunder Hammers or both, Horde armies with monsterous creatures definitely Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields.
    The Land Raider doesn't really need the extra armor because of the "Power of the Machine Spirit" which still allows the vehicle to fire one weapon if the crew is stunned or shaken. Also if your playing against an army with heavy armor you would want to consider LasCannons. For Horde armies the Crusader or Redeemer is fine, but I prefer the flame. Nothing like Crispy Nids and Orks.
    One last thing, consider a lascannon in this army. i always like to have at least one beacause of its range and strength 9 against vehicles. They work great on a dreadnought or a razorback as they are twinlinked.
    I hope this offers some thought to your army. Good Luck and happy gaming.

For the Emperor,
    Chapter Master Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

Chapter Master Lord covered a bunch of the point I liked but in addition I would add that if your going to have Honour Guard(especially Drop Podding ones) I would highly suggest dropping the Aux. Grenade Launchers. Their probably only going to shoot once in the game(on the turn they come out of the pod) and the extra firepower they'll bring for that one turn doesn't add up to the same firepower you could get by spending that 150 points somewhere else, perhaps on another squad of tac marines, or some predators/Whirlwind or some sternguard.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

+ Reply to Thread