1000 point fun list! Either to face nids or SM! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point fun list! Either to face nids or SM!

Hey everybody! This is my latest version of this list, so let me know what you think?

Lord Commissar, power fist, carapace armor, melta bombs

CCS, lascannon

Infantry Platoon #1-
    -PCS, 4 flamers
    -Chimera

-Infantry squad, grenade launcher

-Infantry squad, grenade launcher

-50 conscripts

Veteran Squad, Lascannon, forward sentries

LRBT, Dozer

Hellhound, Smoke Launchers

Alright. Now the plan is to have my commissar go with the conscripts as a CC force, and to give them his LD10. The vets and the CCS will sit back in objectives, and my infantry squads will play mid-field, and move up if necessary. My PCS will be mobile, using their flamers to try to get people out of objectives, and to follow the commissar and the conscripts. My LRBT will stay back (I chose the LRBT for long range anti-MEQ, and not the demolisher- I personally find the range a bit limiting) and bombard, or move up in front of my Infantry squads and be mobile support. My hellhound will drive up first turn and try to roast things. I also have 2 questions for you guys-
    1) The rules on the hellhound's cannon confuse me. Would any of you be willing to enlighten me on this?
    2) Also, when do I pop off the smoke launchers? I couldn't run up, fire, and then pop smoke, could I? Still, the hellhound with the smoke is good if it needs to go fast and survive, the smoke will help with that.
    One thing I'm not sure about is the Forward Sentries on the vets. I had some extra points and I wasn't sure what to spend it on. If they are going to be camping on an objective, it seems like that doctrine would be good, although others like to disagree.
    So just lemme know what you guys think! Thanks!

Last edited by Ashwatzi; January 18th, 2010 at 05:20.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord Commissar: Take the upgrades off this guy. You don't want him to be engaged, just part of the conscript squad, so keep him cheap.

CCS: Just a lascannon? May I recommend you take Straken? S4 I4 on the charge makes for 50 terrifying conscripts. If you do, give the squad some meltaguns to support his CC ability. Try to work in a Chimera as well.

PCS: Good.

Infantry: You have conscripts to move forward, that should be enough. These guys can camp your objectives with AC/GL to good effect.

Conscripts: Normally I prefer standard Guardsmen, but you might do well with these - assuming you get them Straken for Furious Charge. I think you'd also do well with taking a priest so they get to reroll, which is important with their less-than-ideal WS.

Veterans: Meh. A chimera and 3 meltaguns is a tried and true formula, and I recommend you take such a unit - you need at least one melta squad in each army, or you won't be able to do anything to the Land Raider hurtling at your lines, the other Guard player with a Russ, or a Monolith. 2 lascannons aren't a great way of dealing with AV14.

LRBT: Why the dozer? This tank has a huge range and doesn't need to advance.

Hellhound: Good.

1. Place the template within the Hellhound's range so that the narrow end points toward you and the wide end towards the enemy.
    2. During the shooting phase. You can't shoot the same turn you smoke.

Comments: Your vehicles are a single AV14 tank and 2 AV12. AV12 isn't hard to pop, and it's not like you have the target saturation to make up for it. Perhaps consider dropping the Russ to get more vehicles. You also don't have nearly enough anti-tank yourself - just a pair of lascannons and in a pinch multilasers and the Leman Russ. What will you do against the guy who takes 4 rhinos?

Overall though, I like the idea of the conscript squad sweeping the field - it seems like an interesting and fun thing to build a list around.
    My avatar is from when I tried to draw myself in MSpaint a year or so ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice! Alright here's what I have come up with. I am probably going to keep the meltabombs on the commissar, and the carapace, just cause I want him to survive, and be able to take out tanks.

Lord Commissar, Carapace armor, meltabombs

Company Command Squad, Colonel Straken, 3 grenade launchers

Infantry Platoon #1:
    -PCS, 4 flamers
    -Chimera

-Infantry squad, grenade launcher, autocannon

-Infantry squad, grenade launcher, autocannon

-50 conscripts

Veteran Squad, 3 meltaguns
    -Chimera

LRBT, Lascannon

Total: 1000

What do you think? I had to take out the hellhound to kit out the vets, the infantry squads, and Straken. Straken is a great idea btw!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Rather than take the Conscripts and the Commi Lord. Just take 30 Odd normal Guardsmen led by a Commissar. You've got quite a few bonus's over the conscript squad.
    1-You can take Special weapons. Melta guns are handy against dreadnaughts or tanks that want to get close. G-Launchers so you can fire on the move are pretty handy too.
    2-A Commissar lord can be picked out and killed. When he dies your Conscipt squad will run. A Normal Commi in an Infantry squad can't be picked out.
    3-Squad sergeants in Infantry squads can take Power Swords them selves.
    4-You've got higher BS as well.

Your Conscripts and Lord cost 285pts. With that you can grab.....

PCS + 4xG-Launchers -50pts
    3xInfantry Squads + 3x Melta Guns, 1x Commi + P-Sword, 1xP-Sword on a Serg -235pts

If you're going to have a large body of Guardsmen Running forwards keep a large body of Guardsmen holding back to ward off people taking your objectives and to give covering fire for the Advancing Platoon.
    Grab Some Infantry Squads with Autocannons&G-Launchers or Lascannons and a Vox. The CCS can use orders and twinlink the Auto/Lascannons. If you combine 2 Squads together you can benefit the most from those orders.

Other than that the advice Makr gave was top notch

+ Reply to Thread