Fluff/Competitive Elysians 1850 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fluff/Competitive Elysians 1850

HQ-Command-Powerfist-Plasma Pistol-Medipack-Carapace-2 Plasmaguns-1 Meltagun-2 Bodygaurds-1 officer of the fleet

Troop-PCS-Heavy Flamer-3 Flamer-Bolter
    Squad-Plasmagun-Autocannon-Bolt Pistol
    Squad-Plasmagun-Autocannon-Bolt Pistol

Troop-PCS-Heavy Flamer-3 Flamer-Bolter
    Squad-Meltagun-M.Launcher-Bolt Pistol
    Squad-Meltagun-M.Launcher-Bolt Pistol
    Squad-Meltagun-Mortar-Bolt Pistol

Fast-Vendetta-3-390

Fast-Vendetta-3-390

Fast-Valkyrie-3-Heavy Bolters =330

This is my elysian list that ive tried to make fluffy and competitive at the same time. I would like some ideas as to what i can add or take away from this list to make it more elysian and how you think this army build will hold up in competitive play

40k Ultramarines W-44 D-12 L-14 (This record is a combined from ArdBoyz and RogueTraderTourneys)
    Warhammer Choas DaemonsW-4 D-0 L-2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, what are your plans?
    Do you intend to put some squads in the Valkyries/Vendettas or just run them empty?

I think using Veterans instead of the Infantry Platoons and also including some Storm Troopers would fit quite nicely in the theme.

On the list itself, MLs are kinda crap, you're better off with Autocannons. Well, not crap, but not quite as good as ACs. Theese give you some good anti-transport and anti-MC.
    Bolt Pistols are point fillers, and you've got 10pts caught up in it. The Powerfist and Plasma Pistol are waste. You're not supposed to go into CC and the Plasma has a chance to kill your Officer (Not instantly, but put some damage on it. And once you've lost one wound to it, you shouldn't risk firing again). If you want to mix weapons, then do like I do in my latest list: 2 Plasma guns and 2 Meltaguns. This will give you enough Meltas to put the hurt on high-AV, enough high S low AP to put wound on MCs and enough S7+ shots to hurt transports and the like.

The Valkyries need some Rocket Pods to, in my oppinion.

Cheers ^^
    http://refraintofsanity.blogspot.com/
    -"Oh God, this is going to take a while..."

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

HQ:
    It's expensive and to be honest not that effective. Guard aren't brilliant at combat and to make them anyway near half decent they get way to expensive. Loose the body Guards. Select 1 special weapon and stick to it. If you want to assault you'll need assault weapons, If you want plasma then loose the combat gear as you wont be using both in a turn.
    Plasma pistols aren't too bad on commanders. It's no big deal if they overheat as they have multiple wounds, The extra plasma shot is nice sometimes too. Don;t go out of your way to get them though. If you have 10pts left over get one but otherwise don;t bother. Never take them on one Wounds models though.

TROOPS:
    I would take some veterans here. Don't load up infantry squads with Plasma guns. They're just too expensive for Bs3 models. Get some vets who can actually use the guns and take multiples of them. Demolitions is always handy if you're playing an aggressive list too.

Autocannons are better than Missile Launchers.

Heavy Flamers are just way too overpriced. Just stick to 4 flamers in the PCS. It'll save you 15pts a squad for not much of a differance.

FAST:
    Get Rocket pods on those VALKS

+ Reply to Thread