1k Vostroyan XIX, preparing for Nidz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k Vostroyan XIX, preparing for Nidz

Hello everyone ^^

Well, the new Nidz are in town, and it's T6 W6 3+ saving MCs all around. As I considered starting an army of theese I found i've squeezed in 24 T6 wounds into it, + some Termagants. So, we need some way to handle this...

So, seeing as my list lacked in the tackling of theese beaties, I thought i'd revamp it. I've also added, after my previous lists, some things that I find will be effective in genera.

HQ 155
    Company Command 155
    2 Meltaguns
    2 Plasma guns
    Chimera with Multi-laser
    and hull Heavy flamer

Elites 65
    Nastassia 65

Troops 480
    Veteran Squad 170
    3 Plasma guns
    Chimera with Multi-laser
    and hull Heavy flamer

Infantry Platoon: 315
    Platoon Command 125
    4 Meltaguns
    Chimera with Multi-laser
    and hull Heavy flamer

Infantry Squad 65
    Autocannon
    Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad 60
    Autocannon

Special Weapons Squad 65
    2 Flamers
    Demolition Charge

Fast Attack 130
    Vendetta 130

Heavy Support 165
    Leman Russ Demolisher 165
    Hull Heavy flamer

Infantry: 51

Vehicles: 5

So there we go. I've done something quite un-orthodox in this list, that being the kitting of the CCS. Now, it might seem a bit wierd, but hang with me. As the MC's will be stomping around our yard a lot more often now, the Plasmas will be more helpfull than ever. As the unit is Bs4, it can perform quite well with only two of each weapon, especially when you count in the fact that they'll most of the time be Twin-linked. Now, the two Plasmas will be able to help taking down MCs and light AV, while the Meltas will be able to support the MC-killing and be able to handle high AV. Please, just take a second to think about it.

I've also included a SWS unit with 2 Flamer and a Demo-charge. This unit paired with the Vendetta will be able to perform a Delta-strike to strike out targets like Warriors, Termies, Marines, Gaunts, Orks etc, etc. The amount of hits they might possibly land with the Flamers and the Charge will be able to shred most types of infantry. As they dismount they'll also form a shield for the Vendetta.

Other than this, it's quite a standard list.
    PCS for AT.
    Veterans for MCs.
    Chimeras for MCs, transports and infantry.
    Infantry for objectives and Transports, .
    Nastassia (Marbo) for whatev she feels like.
    Demolisher for AT and general killyness.

Do you think this will be able to survive in this new MC-world? ^^

Cheers ^^

http://refraintofsanity.blogspot.com/
    -"Oh God, this is going to take a while..."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had the chance to play against an MC heavy tyranid list, and learned a few things. I like your putting everything in Chimeras, that will at least keep the guants from getting to your guardsmen. However, I would reccommend changing your LR; the executioner cannon is your best friend against 'nids. The Exterminator Nova Cannon would be a close second, but I'd save it for a more hoard-heavy army. The demolisher is just overkill, and with only a 24" range you'll only get off a shot or two before an MC is munching on armor 11.

Your CCS might be better off going full plasma just for the 24" range. Meltas and their 12" range are only going to get shots off if an opponent misguesses distance and fails to charge your chimera, and with 12" movement and fleet on a lot of units that isn't likely to happen.

Also, missle launchers make a great heavy weapon choice against 'nids. It's one of the few places I found them to be a better choice than an autocannon; Krak on MC's, frag on the critters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wel, this list isn't supposed to be SOLELY against Nidz. It's an all-commers list that i've altered slightly now to be ready for the new kind of Nidz ^^

Changing the Demolisher for an Eradicator have crossed my mind, seeing as yet another army got a KFF. But, I find that for instance the other thigns I have to handle 2+ with would only be two single shot pie plates and some Plasmas. Would this really be enough?
    The Demolisher also adds a nice extra AT unit, but, really, is it necessary between the Vendetta, Melta-squads and Marbo?
    Any oppinions? ^^'

Cheers ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resurecting this since I feel like I might need some more oppinions on it ^^'
    Would be quite helpfull...

Cheers ^^

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

Ok, lets go through it bit by bit...

HQ
    That command squad looks fine, except that I wouldn't mix your weapons. That isn't a bad mix, but I would max out on one or the other.

Elites
    Fine. Good choice

Troops
    I woundn't use meltaguns on BS3 models. I'd either go for G-launchers or flamers. The PCS is often best used to plug holes in the line, so counter-attacking weapons like flamers are a good choice. I'm not saying you should use them, but it's something to think about.

Also, just try to squeeze in another G-launcher in that other squad.

Fast Attack

Fine.

Heavy support

Demolishers are fine, but for 'Nids, you can't beat the executioner.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

+ Reply to Thread