2K PT Army Looking For Suggestions?????? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2K PT Army Looking For Suggestions??????

HQ: Calgar- Armour on Antoichus

Librarian- Terminator Armous, Storm Shield, Apistolary

Elite: 6 Termis Thunder Hammer Storm Shield

Trans: Landraider Crusader- multimelta

Ironclad Drednought- 2 hunter killer missles, hurricane bolter
    Drop Pod

Ironclad Drednought- 2 hunter killer missles, hurricane bolter
    Drop Pod

Troops: 10 Tactical Marines- Sergant w/ pf- flamer, missle launcher
    Rhino

10 Tactical Marines- Sergant w/ pf- flamer, missle launcher
    Drop Pod

10 Scouts w/ Sergant Telion- camo cloaks, snipers, and missle launcher

My strategy is to drop the 2 dreadnoughts my first turn on top of my opponent and try to open up some vehicles. Calgar Librarian and Termis are in Crusader and they are used in closecombat. I give my librarian null zone, and vortex of doom and calgar has an orbital bombardment so once i open up some vehicles i usually try and drop my orbital bombardment. I usually infiltrate my scouts on an objective in a building and with sergent telion in the sqaud they are getting a 2+ cover save. So the are very difficult to kill. And depending on the game type depends on how i use my 2 tac squads. Any advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Drop Calgon - he's a waste of points normally, and you don't have enough troops here to make his God of War ability useful.

You'd open more vehicles with melta weapons than a pair of one shot missiles (especially when you consider that both have to be fired at the same target if you use them both first turn)

I'd swap the Rhino for a Razorback and leave the ML at home providing covering fire.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure calgar is a "waste" for a 2000 pt game. As far as not having enough troop choices marines can easily combat squad and asapt to higher objective games. Its not a bad list. I play 2000 pts with only 2 tac squads and and a 5 man scout squad and don't have a problem. Marines strong suit isn't troops anyway its elites. If your taking 4 tac squads in a 2000 point game I can almost guarantee I win. For marines the real objective is to take a couple objectives then contest the rest. IMO anyway
    A moment of weakness spawns a life tme of heresy...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

I find that with the current rules, quantity over quality seems to be the most effective technique. The ork mob lists are one of the hardest in the game. Marines are different because they're meant to be elite so a few upgrades is necessary (tac squads stupidly cheap heavy/special weapons, transports for speed etc. etc.)

With less units your enemy can focus on them more, my 10man assualt terminator squad was left with 2 men after being shot by two guardian squads (eldar) who had been guided and doomed. With troops that would have been less of a loss. With elite (or fast attack and heavy support) it lost me the game. All armies should have a core of units (troops) which are supported by the other classes.

Anyway, the list:
    Calgar- more points than a landraider, god of war makes your marines awesome but it is not worth this many points with so few men, leave calgar to 3000+.
    The librarian doesn't need a stormshield as hes in a 6 man squad of them surrounded by AV14 but thats more your choice.
    Terminators are fine and landraider is good.
    Your dreds want a drop pod setup, commonly the multimelta and heavy flamer, can kill tanks or infantry at your choice and definetely makes your opponent turn around.
    After that do one of the following with the point you get from dropping calgar:
    a) get your self some sternguard and then you can stick them in a drop pod or rhino (if you choose a drop pod i would probably put the tacs in a rhino
    b) have a look at fast attack and heavy support, they can etremely benefit your force, you have 265 pts, thats a squad or two of lanspeeders, 2 vindicators etc.etc.
    c) if you can't decide what you like then just get some more tactical marines in there. There fleibility and scoring ability is all good. If you do remember to get them a transport.

Hope this helps and sorry for the long(ish) post.
    Last edited by Sancraer; January 21st, 2010 at 20:32.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Octavius View Post
    I'm not sure calgar is a "waste" for a 2000 pt game
    Calgon is only not a waste if you have more than 1500 points of infantry. I'd rather get a cheap chaplain and an extra land raider/vindicator any day!

Don't get me wrong he's dangerous in Apocalpyse but that's the only time I'd ever field him.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not really sure what you did to have 20 guardians taking shots at your termies. or why his farseer was close enough to doom and fortune everything. that just sound slike poor playing no offense. i have never met a competitve eldar player that fields guardians anyway. i find it interesting that people where you play do. im not saying tac marines arnt good. as far as troop choices go i feel marines by far have the best, but what i was saying was i fair much better letting my termies do the lions share of the killing. they draw most of the fire and leave my tac marines able to take and hold stuff. i only use 2 ten man squads all the way up to 2500 after that i take more. as far as calgar i do see your point because you cann take a ton of stuff in place of his 265 points. but he has a bad ass model : P
    A moment of weakness spawns a life tme of heresy...

+ Reply to Thread