1750 terminator frenzy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 terminator frenzy

Ok i have some 'spare' cash and i have been contemplating getting this army:

Lysander (200 )

assault terminators x10 (400 )
    pair of lightning claws x4
    thunder hammer storm shield x6

scouts x6 (116 )
    camo cloaks x6
    missile launcher
    sniper rifles x5

scouts x6 (116 )
    camo cloaks x6
    missile launcher
    sniper rifles x5

scouts x6 (116 )
    camo cloaks x6
    missile launcher
    sniper rifles x5

Total =1748

The idea with this list is for the scouts to hold back in a building which i would have fortified giving them a 2+ cover save which would make them live a lot longer. The only real way to kill this unit is to get into ccb but first you have to get through 30 terminators. The terms will deep strike in most games and will split into combat squads for objectives. In kill points they will just deep strike in ten man squads killing as much as possible while protecting the scouts so they don't get assaulted. In objectives the idea is for me hold at least 1 maybe 2 objectives with my scouts whiles the terms split up and contest all other ones. Scouts will target transports mainly with lysander heading for any landraiders as they will cause most trouble with this list.
    Feel free to comment, constructive thinking would be good

Nothing more funny than 3 inquisitors with sanctify when facing deamons. They cant do anything while you stand in front of them having a tee break.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love terminators, and the list looks great. However, I find that it is important to have at least one unit which can strike right in the centre of the enemy army (drop pod, scout bikes, land speeder storm) to take out a dangerous artillery piece, make a first turn pop of a tank or lock a ranged unit in cc. Maybe its just lack of faith, but I would not dare deep strike terminators into the heart of the enemy force. Ill see you list struggle against anything ignoring cover, with a nice range - and i am seeing more and more of such weapons.
    I also wonder if it can hold up against a large horde army. Sure 30 terms makes some kills but you only get 2-3 attacks per 40 points which equals 1-2 kills. Add to that the fact that some of your terms strike at initiative one, and the enemy can field his shooting units at optimal position, without worrying to much about return fire -taking out a couple from each squad.

Ill point out that this is just some dark vision of what COULD happen, and I don't consider myself a "great" player. Your list got me thinking - I hope that some of my points will at least get you thinking how your unmodified list will handle the above situations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems good but how about having one normal squad of terminators- their firepower could be useful.

one word of warning tau will have a field day as you have few other units, but as the previous commenter said ' I don't consider myself a "great" player'

so just be careful (but the list will turn quite a few opponents green)!

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Lysander doesn't really benefit the army besides being tough. For your HQ go with Shrike (fleet), Vulkan (master-crafted) or a Librarian (psychic defense, mobility with Gate of Infinity) instead. Your army has no mobility at all. Personally, I like using Shrike so that you can threaten anything within 18". Also, consider getting Land Speeder Storms w/multi-meltas. You may have to remove some terminators to do so, but at this time you have no speed to go after objectives. You also have nothing to reliably handle Land Raiders (even 30 TH attacks is not reliable enough to damage a LR that moves 12"). This way just keep the scouts in land speeders and in reserves. This will keep them safer as well.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the list is great, and I too am a Terminator fan, or was, rather until my whole 5 man squad (3 thunder hammer storm shields and 2 lightning claws), yes my whole squad, was wiped out by the "immense" firepower of 4 twinlinked bolters and a reaper autocannon from a chaos terminator squad. Now what do you think about that? Other than that minor point to take into consideration I think the list looks great and would absolutely own if given the chance to get into CC.
    ~ There is only the Emperor ~

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I'd get a couple of LRs myself in there - if nothing else you can put the scouts in one and have an AV14 scoring monstrosity.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread