1250pnt Sith Imperial Vanguard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1250pnt Sith Imperial Vanguard

ok thanks again foor the help in creating my imperial sith army so far and i think i finally have it worked out even if i have dropped it tto a 1250 army instead of the 2k one, so here it goes.

HQ
    lascannon, camocloaks - 100

TROOPS
    Vet - Harker, 3 x Meltaguns, Demo - 185
    Vet - Lascannon, Forward Sentries - 120

ELITES
    Marbo - 65

FAST ATTACKS
    8 Rough Rideers - 2 x Meltaguns - 125
    3 Scout Sentinals - Lascannon, HKM, Smoke - 185
    3 Vendetta - 390

the HQ and the Vets with Lascannons will ride in the Vandettas
    the stratagy behind this list is to have as many scouts annd infaltraitors as possible while keeping the star wars theme. this way i can get all of my troops/units into play bythe begining of my 2nd turn
    this should be 1250 points

So any Critasism is welcome like always And thanks in advance

Last edited by Darth wraith; January 26th, 2010 at 07:02.
    Expect nothing in life that way you will never be disapointed

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would the HQ and Vets with Lascannons ride in the Vendettas?

They are boith equiped for the role of sitting and hogging cover whole providing supporting fire.

HQ:
    I don't really think you're properly using the CCS potential by just sticking them with a Lscannon, but I guess you're after a sit back unit to order other units around.
    I'm not quite sure what you're going for in this list, if it's mobile, or static, or both...

Elites:
    Goodiegood ^^

Troops:
    What are you supposed ot do with the Harker Squad? I've never understod people takign Harker for anything but Objective holding. So, i'd drop the Demolitions and give them some Grenade Launchers instead.

Putting Lascannons in Vet units like this is kinda a waste of pts. Firstly, you already have 9 TL Lascannons in the Vendettas, why would you need more?
    If you're after a static centre i'd replace theese with an Infantry Platoon, with the IC's with Autocannons + Grenade Launchers and the PCS with 4 Grenade Launcher/Flamers. Theese will give you some units to order around with the CCS.

Fast Attack:
    Wow... The Rough Riders as anti-tank are no reliable. A good Bolter-volley and they're down. If you wna tto use them, make them look a hell of a lot less threatening so they won't draw fire (I myself use a unit of 5 with only a Melta-bomb.) But it'd drop theese.

The Scout Sentinels should be given AC's, really. That's when they're the most effective. The Smoke and HKM are unecessary, drop theese.

WOW! Take it easy on the Squadroning. This is one fo our best units, and by squadroning it liek this it will be quite easy to take down. In addition, is it really so effective to always have to shoot with everyone at the same target? In my oppinion you should either remove the RR and the SS and split the Vendettas up OR drop the RR and a Vandetta, and then split them up.

There's my oppinions for this list ^^

Good luck in your games! ^^

Cheers ^^
    http://refraintofsanity.blogspot.com/
    -"Oh God, this is going to take a while..."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Heya, I really, really like the idea of your theme. Unfortunately I don't really know what does and doesn't fit in a star wars theme. I guess this is my best ideas:

Heavy Bolter - E-Web
    Lascannon - Blaster Cannon
    Autocannon - Heavy Repeating Blaster
    Missile Launcher - ......missile launcher....
    Meltaguns - Fusion Cutter

Infantry - Cannon Fodder
    Penal Legion - Slaves
    Veterans - Sith Troopers
    Inquisitor - Sith Knight
    Inquisitor Lord - Sith Master

You actually really have a lot of options to work with. That being said I think your list needs quite a bit of work. You can make a very competitive list while still having the fluff element, but I think you need to change up some stuff.

HQ
    lascannon, camocloaks - 100
    Both the camocloaks and lascannon are pointless if this squad is going in a Vendetta. Find what task you want these guys to do and kit them out as such. If you're thinking Sith as a theme, they seem fairly all in-your-face so maybe get them out for close range brutality?

Or they could be the guys that sit back and make the Sith Troopers and Cannon Fodder die in droves while they are safe in the back lines.

TROOPS
    Vet - Harker, 3 x Meltaguns, Demo - 185
    I can see Harker's squad as scouts or defenders. Really the best thing to equip them with is 3 grenade launchers and nothing else. Inflitrate them and sit them on an objective. This squad should not be in a vendetta....ever.

Other vets honestly have poor choices in weaponry. The option to take 3 special weapons and BS4 makes them invaluable, stock up on as many as you can. I wouldn't take forward sentires, but if you chose to do so, why put them in vendettas? It literally does them nothing and wastes points.

ELITES
    Marbo - 65
    Excellent choice, sir.

FAST ATTACKS
    8 Rough Rideers - 2 x Meltaguns - 125
    I don't see how these tie into star wars. Maybe guys on swoops or speeder bikes? Either way, I don't like them at all. They die way too easily. If you do take them, forget the meltaguns, you want to be keep those lances. Be aware, the only purpose for these guys is to charge (if they get that far) and then die.

3 Scout Sentinals - Lascannon, HKM, Smoke - 185
    Lascannons are terrible on scout sentinels. Hunter-Killers are terrible in general. I'd only take smoke if there was absolutely nothing else to spend the points on. As scout walkers I think autocannons would fit best, the walkers in star wars are usually equipped with the equivalent of an autocannon.

3 Vendetta - 390
    Three of these in a single squadron at 1250? Eh, I don't think so. Maybe one or two total (not squadroned). Do not outflank vendettas....ever. They should be on the field turn one with their guns blazing.

I think the list lacks coherency. The vendettas are about the only things that pose a threat, but they can only engage one unit a turn for the whole squadron. The sentinels would be annoying. But after those units are gone you're pretty much done.

Sorry if I sound gruff. I really like the idea of the theme, but this list just isn't threatening IMO save for the vendettas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the imput guys i will keep working on it
    Expect nothing in life that way you will never be disapointed

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

HQ:
    What everyone else said. They don't need to go in a Vendetta but otherwise they're fine. Sit them back, use orders and have some fun.

TROOPS:
    Harkers unit. Now unlike the above posters i wouldn't loose the Demolitions. taking objectives generally means something will want to take that off you. A democharge is usually a good detarant and the Melta bombs are always a good backup against things like Dreadnaughts and he like.

Lascannon Vets. I think you'd be better off with a Normal Platoon than these guys. Take 2 Infantry Squads with Lascannons, combine them and give one of the squads a vox. This way they can use the Bring it down Order from the CCS and still cause some havoc for a considerably reduced cost. although saying that, with all those Vendettas about i don't think you really need the Lascannon Batteries. A simple Autocannon Platoon would suffice for your needs. 240pts would get you,
    PCS-Autocannon -40pts
    3x Infantry Squads (combined)- 3x Lascannon, 1x Vox -215pts
    Ok it's 5pts over and it requires you to give your CCS a vox as well but you've got 35 blokes here instead of 20.

FAST:
    Rough riders are fine and i know why you're taking them. Keep them in reserve and use them as a counter attack unit against drop podding Dreadnaughts/Marines or tunneling tyranids.

Sentinels. Keep these boys with Autocannons. Lascannons seem good on paper but remember your Sentinels are only Bs3 and Lascannons are 1 shot. Loose the Hunter killers too. They're not a great use of points.

Valks. Squadroning 3 Valks just makes them easy to take down and one hell of a tempting target. Make some tough decisions about what you want in your list and what you can do without with.
    If you're going with Fluff i'd take 2 Squadrons of Sentinels with Autocannons to be the chicken Walkers and then a unit of Riders to be the bikers. The Vedettas just don't fit. Use the points on some Heavy support options or more troops instead.

+ Reply to Thread