1500 point ig and dh allied sith army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

1500 point ig and dh allied sith army

i know my army is a ig one but since i am also now putting in some dh units i thought i might get some feed back from you guys also. ok so after more reserch i have now brought a daemonhunters codex as well earlier today so i have made a 1500 imperial guard army with daemonhunter allies to make my sith vanguard.

Creed, Vox, Autocannon, Camo Cloaks - 185
    (to be used to sit back and issue orders)(this is my Sith Emperor - Emperor Palpatine)

Inquisitor Lord, Terminator Armor, Force Weapon, Power Weapon, Word of the Emperor - 130
    3 x Warriors - 30
    (to be used for close combat against tanks and troops)(this is my Sith Lord - Darth Vader)

Vets, Harker, 3 x Melta Guns, Demo - 185
    (have infaltrate, to be used as tank hunters)

PC, Vox, Autocannon
    Sqd 1 Autocannon, Vox
    Sqd 2 Autocannon, Combine Sqd1
    Sqd 3 Autocannon, Vox
    Sqd 4 Autocannon, Combine Sqd3
    HWS- 3 x Autocannons
    - 370 points
    (with the pc this should give me 51 men with 8 Autocannons to hold ground or give covering fire)

Marbo - 65
    (enough said)(this is the Bounty Hunter)
    3 x Death Cult Assassins - 120
    (They run as 3 individuals but count as one elite choice armed with power weapons and ccw and having the infiltrate rule to be used as tank damages or troop killers)(These 3 are Sith apprentices - Starkiller, Ventress, Darth Maul)

9 x Rough Riders - 95
    (uses Creeds Special Rule of Scouts to be used to flank enemy tanks)
    3 x Scout Sentinals, Autocannon, Smoke - 135
    3 x Scout Sentinals, Autocannon, Smoke - 135
    (have the scout rule to be used as tank hunters)

Total Points - 1450
    some points left for ????

I am not expecting the Death Cult Assassins to last more than 2 hopefully 3 rounds but long enough to do a bit of damage and tie up enemy troops for a bit. The Inquisitor Lord has the Deep Strike rule becausse of his armour but not sure if it allows the rest of his contingent - I think these guys will be a priority target for any enemy troops, but if they are my sentinals, rough riders and harkers unit should be able to be left alone for a couple of rounds to destroy other things in theory anyways.

all you guys have been a big help so far in helping me and it is greatly appreciated hopefully i can have my army list down pat soon and start buying.
    any and all critism is welcome

Last edited by Darth wraith; January 27th, 2010 at 11:11.
    Expect nothing in life that way you will never be disapointed

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

32 (x1)

Haha, it's really cool. There are some elements which aren't hugely competitive, mainly the inquisitor. CC inquisitors just aren't worthwile. Overall, I think it's quite a strong army, you have a good balance and alot of things to disrupt the enemy. I think it will perform well without being cheesy, and you'll definitely make alot of friends having such a sweet, themed army. Looks awesome mate.

+ Reply to Thread