1850 Infantry Horde - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Infantry Horde

Been playing around with army builder a bit and decided I'd post one of my lists I thought up here to see what you folks think of it:

HQ
    Company Command Squad
    w/ Creed, Kell, vox, camo, meltagun and flamer

Lord Commissar
    w/ Carapace & power weapon

Priest with Eviscerator

Priest with Eviscerator

Troops
    Platoon A
    Plat CMD Squad w/ Chekov, vox, flamer and mortar
    Infantry squad w/ flamer and lascannon
    Infantry squad w/ vox, flamer and lascannon
    35 conscripts with "send in the next wave"

Platoon B
    PCS w/ vox, flamer and mortar
    Infantry squad w/ flamer and lascannon
    Infantry squad w/ vox, flamer and lascannon
    Infantry squad with meltagun and krak nades
    Infantry squad w/ vox, commissar with power weapon & plasma, krak and meltagun

Penal Legionnaires

Penal Legionnaires

Fast Attack
    Vendetta gunship

Vendetta gunship

The idea behind this list is to have everything, save the vendettas and their legionnaire occupants, castled up around a defensive postion or near an objective. The vendettas are there to pop some armor and contest/capture an objective.

Do you believe in the day? Do you? Believe in the day!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x5)

2 Vendettas are going to be pretty easy for an enemy to shoot down in an 1850 game. I'd consider mounting up the PCS squads and giving them meltas in addition to these.
    Come visit my blog at: www.warstrike.org

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

HQ:
    Creed and kell both in the same squad is fluffy but it's alot of points in one squad - see "all the eggs in one basket". Do you really need Kell?
    Also, try not to have different special weapons in a squad. You only end up wasting one gun. Plus if these guys are going to be sitting back in cover and issuing orders they're not going to have much need of some short ranged assault weapons. Grab a Heavy weapon instead.

Commissar Lords are fluffy and awesome models but they're just too expensive for what they actually do. Taking normal Commissars in your units is cheaper and more effective as they can't be picked out and killed

Priest look good on paper but they've got the same points as the commissar Lords. They're alot of points and can be picked out. Priests only have 1W and at toughness 3 they wont be lasting more than 1 round of combat.

TROOPS:
    For an Infantry Hoard there isn't all that much infantry. Chenkov and the consicripts are far to expensive for what you're getting as well. Plus if you're planning on putting the commi lord with the conscripts to stop them running, remember that when you remove them or they die then you wont get the commi lord back so they'll be down to LD5 and next to useless. You'd be better off with a Blobbed infantry squad led by a normal Commissar. This isn't much more expensive and you can take Meltaguns etc which will give you hand to deter tanks,Dreads/MCs.

The Lascannon Batteries are fine but if you lost all the upgrades, chenkov, commi Lord and conscipts from the other platoons you could afford to have a normal Autocannon/G-Launcher platoon for taking out transports and a platoon with a Commissar to run towards objectives etc. as well as the Lascannon Batteries.

For example.......... This is only 905pts and it's 125men.
    Platoon A -330pts
    PCS-Autocannon
    2x INF, 2x Lascannon, 1xVox

Platoon B -300pts
    PCS-Autocannon
    2x INF, 2x Autocannon, 2x G-Launchers
    2x INF, 2x Autocannon, 2x G-Launchers

Platoon C -275pts
    PCS, 4 G-Launchers
    3x INF, 3x Melta Guns, 1x Commissar with PW.

Penal Legionaires are ok. you could again just have a Blobbed squad with some guns and use Creeds outflank order. Or you couldtool up the PCS with Melta guns/Flamers and load them up in the Vendettas.

FAST:
    As Sandwyrn mentioned, 2 tanks are not going to last long at 1850pts. Most people, even in hybrid lists, are looking to have 5 or so tanks and will have enough anti-tank to take out a similar number in their own lists.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; February 1st, 2010 at 11:44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh, I really like those three platoon configs you posted Lord Borak. Although, in my experience running vendettas, its useless to put meltas or flamers in them as they usually end up surrounded by enemy CC units after the skimmer is brought down. I've figured its probably better to throw something that'll bog a unit down in assault for a bit (hopefully long enough to contest an objective or some such.)
    The Priests are to go with the Legionairres to give them a chance against dreds with his evis. However, I could probably replace those four choices with some veterans with demolitions doctrine to superior effect at a lower cost.
    Lord Commissar is there to make up for the conscripts poor leadership and the fact that they're just a meatshieild for the castled platoons. Although, I'd probably just be better off replacing them all with Borak's suggestion.
    I like having Kell, he brings the squad up to 6 members and makes orders almost un-fail-able by letting the ordered unit use Creed's leadership for the leadership test. He's also cool looking. If that makes the command squad a bigger target for the enemy's long range weapons, that's their lose. I'll take my 3+ cover save and then pour lascannon fire on the offending unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIST REVISION

HQ
    Company Command Squad
    w/ Creed, Kell, Medic, Camo, Carapace, vox, plasma, MoO

TROOPS
    Platoon A
    PCS w/ Autocannon, flamer, vox

Platoon B
    PCS w/ Autocannon, flamer, vox
    2x INF, 2x Autocannon, 2x G-Launchers, 1xvox
    2x INF, 2x Autocannon, 2x G-Launchers, 1xvox

Platoon C
    PCS w/ vox, 2x grenade launcher, flamer
    3x INF, 3x Melta Guns, 1x Commissar with PW, 3x sergeants w/ pw, krak grenades, vox

2x Veterans w/ demo, flamer, melta

FAST ATTACK

2x Vendetta Gunship

+ Reply to Thread