750 points doubles tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 points doubles tournament

My local store is running a doubles tourney and I'm going with a frined of mine, hes bringing Eldar and I'm taking IG.

Hes gonna be defending and I'm attacking, hes taking rangers, farseer, wraithlord, 3 jetbikes in reserve for contesting, and a falcon (or wave serpent, cant remember, the one with 6 transport capacity anyway)

My list is so far

Primaris Psyker 70
    10 veterans, 3 meltaguns, demolitons, chimera-heavy armor-hull heavy flamer 200
    10 veterans, 2 grenade launchers, chimera-heavy armor-hull heavy flamer 150
    2 armored sentinels 110
    2 armored sentinels 110
    2 armored sentinels 110

Comes to 750 exact.

Basic plan is sentinels go close to enemy and annoy him as much as possible, there not meant to do much damage, just piss him off and last long it takes long to destroy 6 dreadnoughts after all My friends eldar will be taking out transports while my chimelta will go for land raiders and the like, and hopefully throw that demo charge on some terminators. Primaris Psyker rides with the 'nade launcher vets, they just hang around and shoot stuff, most likely infantry but if necessary they can try and bag a light vehicle too, 2+2D6 str 6 BS4 shots gives them a fair chance.

Comment, tell me what you think, should I change something? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by zuaarle; February 5th, 2010 at 08:44. Reason: sorry just realised this should be in army lists, copied it there but how do you delete it from here?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

*moved to army list section*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

HQ:
    Fine.

TROOPS:
    Could probably do with having the other squad with Melta guns as well. People will probably be bringng lots of tanks in 750pt lists. Hell I can easily fit 2 Predators and a Vindicator into 750pts.

FAST:
    6 Armoured Sentinels is a bit excessive and to be fair to them they're not brilliant. They're great at stalling the enemy up but thats about it. Ditch them and see if you can find better uses for those points. Hydras and Bane Wolves and a solid investment. Maybe a nasty suprise like Marbo? With the Left over points you could grab Melta guns for the second unit.

A list I'd take, not saying you should mind, is this.

CCS, 4 Melta Guns, Chimera -145pts
    VETS, 3 Melta Guns, Chimera -155pts
    VETS, 3 Melta Guns, Chimera -155pts
    Marbo - 65pts
    2x Hydra -150pts
    Griffon -75pts

You could find better things than the Hydras and the Griffon but i've had alot of fun and success with them in the past so i like taking them.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; February 6th, 2010 at 09:09.

+ Reply to Thread