SW: Army list 1500p - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SW: Army list 1500p

Hi, I have noticed that blood claws seam to be made fore the land raider crusader and wanted to build some thing around that. This is the list I came up with:

Gray Hunters 9
    Melta
    MotW
    Wolf Guard
    Storm bolter
    Power fist
    Rinho
    Points 231

Gray Hunters 9
    Melta
    MotW
    Wolf Guard
    Storm bolter
    Power fist
    Rinho
    Points 231

Blood Claws 14
    Flamer
    MotW
    Wolf Guard
    Power fist
    Wolf Priest
    Runic armor
    Wolftooth necklace
    Melta bomb
    Points 403

LR Crusader
    Multi-melta
    Points 260

Whirlwind
    HK-missile
    Points 95

Land Speeder
    Typhoon ML
    Points 180

Wolf scout
    Melta
    MotW
    Points 100

The wolf priest and his blood claws should be able to deal with most things and the LR should ensure that thy get the charge. Scouts can come up behind armor and pop them, land speeders also help with armor hunting and provide a template.

So what do you think... Will it work or is the LR idea just stupid and to costly?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Hello Wolf Lord PJ, and welcome to the ranks of the Space Wolves!

I noticed a few things about your list and would like to share them with you:

First off try equiping your Wolf Guard with combi-melta's. That way you increase your likely off destroying a tank by 30%! Next, your Blood Claws cannot take Mark of the Wulfen.

You say that your Land Speeder should help deal with armor? I say nay! A Heavy Bolter and a Typhoon Missile Launcher won't take out much armor, unless the AV is 12. Im not saying that it can't take out AV 13, just unlikely.

Your Blood Claw theory will still work with the new dex (It won't be as spectacular as in the old condex). The main problem with blood claws is that Grey Hunters outshine them in almost every battle field roll, even in melee. I see you are using a Wolf Priest with them, and that is very smart. A Blood Claw squad need that extra something, and the Wolf Priest delivers!
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks fore the input, didn't noticed the Mark of the wolfen thing with blood claws till you pointed it out. Combi meltas seams to be the thing I was a bit hesitant do to the one shot thing but 30% is a lot so you're probably right. I noticed from other lists that blood claws isn't very popular, but I thought that putting them with a wolf priest in a LR Crusader wold at least maximize there strong points, berserk charge and a lot of models. Blood claws seam very wolfy to me :-) and they make the army a bit different from the Gray hunters in rinho spam that seam to be most popular in other lists.

About the typhoon I was mainly thinking about transports like rinhos so no real armor like you say. Is the list to weak on armor hunting? Should I add some thing fore that or will the meltas do the trick?

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

The Melta's will do the trick, and tyhe typhoon missile launcher will do just fine against rhino's.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks fore the advise, and welcome. I'll think I vill go with this list (and sugested canges) as my first prodjekt then. I vill mostly play frendly games any way so it doesent have to be super elite.

+ Reply to Thread