Needing some help. 2000pt Need For Speed Army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Needing some help. 2000pt Need For Speed Army list

Edited to include HQ

135 HQ
    Space Marine captain + bike

1 Biker Sergeant
    4 Bikers + 2 Flamers
    1 Attack Bike + Multi Melta

Bike squad 200 pts
    1 Biker Sergeant
    4 Bikers + 2 Flamers

Bike squad 200 pts
    1 Biker Sergeant
    4 Bikers + 2 Flamers

Bike squad 200 pts
    1 Biker Sergeant
    4 Bikers + 2 Flamers

Bike squad 200 pts
    1 Biker Sergeant
    4 Bikers + 2 Flamers

Bike squad 200 pts
    1 Biker Sergeant
    4 Bikers + 2 Flamers

FAST ATTACK

LAND SPEEDER SQUADRON = 200
    2 Landspeeders Multi Melta + Typhoon Missle Launcher

TOTAL 1935

I have not seen this army done at all really an all biker marine list The only other option i can see is for taking the captain away and 1 flamer in a group i can put khan in and have the whole army outflank.

Last edited by Genobraker2004; February 5th, 2010 at 22:31.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Where is your captain by the way? I'm not seeing an entry for him.

Biker marines are uncommon, but not unheard of. Usually there is a bit of variety to keep fill in the gaps. I pure bike army with speeders is fine though.

I would look at putting a power weapon or fist on your bikes, close combat is still a distinct possibility, especially when using flamers.

I always figure, when using that many bikes, that it would be better to have squads focused on anti-infantry or anti-tank. Either have two flamers and a heavy bolter attack bike, or two meltas and a multimelta attack bike. This way when you go after a vehicle, the squad is specialized for that, or if you go after a infantry squad, the unit is specialized for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see what your saying the jack of all trades approach could very much come back to bite me in the ass huh. I could always do an even split 3 anti tank squads and 3 anti infantry squads.

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

You lack range for a biker army. Only six typhoon missile launchers in 2k points and nothing else above 24". To bring your firepower to bear you need to close in with the enemy which may not always be a recommendable course of action. Maximize your typhoon squads, at least, they are really really useful. And please do include some heavy bolters somewhere. Either in your flamer squads or on the typhoons. I would do the latter and keep the fragile speeders entirely at range, and to cope for lack of the landspeeder multi-meltas exchange some flamers with melta guns, to make squads that can reliably kill land raiders or leman russ tanks. And I would also make some ranged bike squads also: relentless plasma guns work wonders, and the heavy bolters on the attack bikes are really underestimated too. Think about adding vindicators as heavy support. They can keep up and still put out some high strength firepower and engage hordes from a distance. (While also helping you with 2+ armor saves, denying feel no pain, instant-killing stuff, etc...) You can always drop one bike squad (you really have many) and you can also drop one bike from all the squads, if you need points. Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread