SM w/ DH allies 1,500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

SM w/ DH allies 1,500

I've been an avid Grey Knight collector for about half a year now, slowly building up my collection. But after a my girlfriend bought me a rather expensive unit that i cannot use in my army (a unit of 10 Legion of The Damned), i fear ive had to rework my army to have Space Marines as the parent list.

So here's my first crack at a 1,500pts list for them:

Space Marine Captain w/power sword, artificer armour

Tactical Squad w/ teleport homer

Tactical Squad w/ teleport homer

Legion of The Damned w/ flamer, heavy flamer, power sword, and plasma pistol

Grey Knight Grand Master w/ mc force weapon, psychich hood, and Word of The Emperor

Grey Knight Terminators (GKGM Retinue) x5 w/ incinerator

Grey Knight Squad x4 w/ incinerator, justicar, and frag grenades

Grey Knight Squad x4 w/ incinerator, justicar, and frag grenades

Total: 1,492

I would like to keep as much of the Gray Knight factor to the army as possible, after all, the reason I chose them initially was because Space Marines are all too common.

Last edited by V3xx; February 10th, 2010 at 23:44.
    Grey Knight WIP Thread <Clicky>

I am the Hammer...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Well the problem with DH is the lack of anti tank, I´d try to get that more from their allies.
    + We are changer, we are danger // Fallen angels, yet stranger +
    + WIP CSM & DH Exorcists in the making +

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

I agree, DH lacks anti-tank so you'd probably be best off getting as many meltaguns/powerfists,lascannons/missile launchers as possible from the marines.

Grey Knight Terminators really should be loaded up in a Landraider to get them into combat safely. Don't really think that WotE is needed on the GM, nor the MC for the forceweapon. Icon of the Just wouldn't be bad, though.

Walking grey knights with incinerators are begging to be shot to death. I'd try to give them a marine Rhino.

What are the teleport homers for? Please don't tell me you are deepstriking the Termies (or even the PAGK). That is just a bad idea.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

Would it be worth swapping a squad of tac marines for a squad of scouts and give them a couple of rocket launchers?

I know i needed to focue on anti tank for the SM's, but theres very little i can fit in for 1,500, i was thinking of swapping the flamer for a meltagun in the LoTD squad and then deep striking them where ever the armour is, WoTE i find can be useful, the other day it stopped me getting charged by a unit of 8 ork nobz. Yes, the plan with the homers was to deep strike my GKT's in where needed most.
    Grey Knight WIP Thread <Clicky>

I am the Hammer...

+ Reply to Thread