Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
im just starting 40k but ive been playing fantasy for about five years and am thinking of the following for a 1k dh list
4 GKT 184
Incinerator 10 = 344
Terminator Armour 20 = 40
Culexus Assassin 105 = 105
5 GK 125
Incinerator 10 = 160
10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers 100
Sergeant 10 = 110
5 GK Purgation Squad 125
Incinerator 10 = 160
GK Dreadnought 80 =80
999 points what yas think?
There are a couple of problems, so ill sort them out for you:
1) in any game under 1500 pts, a Brother-Captain is ALWAYS more viable than a GKGM. Second, give him a Psychic Hood. This gives you 64 pts to play with.
2) the inquisitor is uselss. it doesnt come with any wargear, so you have to purchase it yourself. remove the terminator armour, give him a bolter, and 2 mystics (which is the only reason to take an inquisitor, ever)
3) change the Fast Attack squad to a Troop squad. Troops are almost a MUST to take care of objectives
4) change the Inquisitorial Stormtroopers. You don't need a Sergeant. You need special weapons...give them 2 Plasmas/Meltas
5) increase the size of the GK's or else they will die easily. The 64 pts you save from the Brother-Captain gives you 2 GKs
6) read the GK dreadnought.
my list for you:
Brother-Captain with Psychic Hood . . . 81 pts
4x GKT w/ 1 Incinerator . . . 194 pts
Inquisitor with Bolter . . . 22 pts
2 Mystics . . . 12 pts
Total: 34 pts
Total: 105 pts
6x PAGK with Incinerator . . . 185 pts
Tota: 185 pts
5x PAGK with Incinerator . . . 160 pts
Tota: 160 pts
9x IST with 2 Plasmaguns . . . 110 pts
Total: 110 pts
GK Dreadnought with TL Lascannons . . . 130 pts
Total: 130 pts
Total: 999 pts
cheers for the help man what are they like to play with?
hard, but rewarding if you can pull it off. assuming you didnt buy the models, canni make another revision:
take out the dreadnought, the culexus assassin and the inquisitorial storm trooper (giving you 345 pts)
with the remaining points, buy yourself a land raider with Extra Armour and Smoke Launchers and 3 more grey knights (+incinerator)
i personally think assassins cant win their points over anymore, and the dreadnought < land raider since you can use the land raider as your transport. if you remove the inquisitor + mystics, you can get another grey knight in there.
i have five grey knights bought, an inquisitor and 10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, what would you reccommend i buy next?
There is no point in taking the psychic hood as the aegis armour rule does nearly the same thing and only allows you to use on or the other. You're throwing points away.Brother-Captain with Psychic Hood . . . 81 pts
To Ceanne Fine, it's always good to see fresh faces. Just a 'heads up' - try not to list the individual points for items and the such. It's the kinda rule breaking which could get you into trouble. Hope the new army goes well!
i didnt know that what would you advise then mate?
would i need a transport to get a decent 1000 pt army?