Experimental 1500 pts mech list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Experimental 1500 pts mech list

I was doing my daily things when this idea hit me

HQ-70pts
    Primaris Psyker (can ride in any transport, depends on what's going on)

Elites-none

Troops-1430pts
    PCS with 2x melta chimera and Al'Rahem
    5xIP with mleta and chimera

PCS with 2x metla and chimera
    4xIP with melta and chimera

Veterans with 3x metla and chimera

Fast Attack-none

Heavy Support-none

The idea is to have Captain Al'Rahem outflank with his 6 tanks while advance with the other 6 tanks, while for anti horde I haven't decided how many chimeras should be out fitted with heavy flamers, I'm thinking about 4. I'm still looking for the points for an astropath.

opinions and suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like a fun list...not competative at all but fun...i would drop a few of the infantry squads and try to work in atleast another veteran squad...and all of the chimeras should be multilaser/heavy flamer...its the best weapon combo for chimeras and seeing how you're gonna have to get so close to your enemy anyway, heavy flamers are a must.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not competetive, how so? I was thinking of giving all of them all mounted HF, I was also thinking of making someof them have turrent mounted HF, and as for another veteran chimelta squad...as much as people like them, I only like them a bit, and the points I would have to take for it would make me lose 2 infantry squads or have one go on foot, but then againt 10 tanks on the field is nothing to laugh at.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x5)

Captain Al can ONLY outflank, giving you no tactical flexibility and making you predictable. Which is always a bad thing.
    Come visit my blog at: www.warstrike.org

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes thats why I like that, what is your opponent going to do, deal with the closing in tanks or worry about the out flanking tanks. Another rule of war, control where your enemy goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok well first off your list is 40 points over...13 out of your 16 meltas are working off BS3...no long range threats...you do have plenty of bodies and vehicles which is awesome...i can see this list doing well in a seize ground mission and decent in a capture control mission...but horrible in a kill point mission...i would just bust up the lead chimera from a distance and cause a huge traffic jam...by no means do i think this a bad list, i just dont see it balanced...i think this might work a little better:

HQ-145pts
    CCS with 4 melta and chimera

Troops-1060pts
    PCS with 4x flamer chimera and Al'Rahem
    5xIP with melta and chimera

Veterans with 3x metla and chimera
    Veterans with 3x melta and chimera

Fast attack-70pts
    2x Scout Sentinal with multilaser (just filler)

Heavy Support-225pts
    Hydra
    Hydra
    Hydra

Total: 1500
    i think this sticks to the plan you want but gives you some long range threats...but thats just me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went over with points? guess i lost track of the meltas when i was counting. Well I really like your list there Stifle. but instead of the sentinels, take an astropath instead and maybe add OoF to help slow down things a little and maybe give a large priority to attempt to distract him/her from your more important stuff?
    Last edited by Shockingcat; February 17th, 2010 at 04:49.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

204 (x5)

I'll tell you where he goes, right to the center of the board, where your incoming tanks (which roll their sides separately, not together) can't get him before he gets you. Or maybe he just lines his tanks up one side of the board and auto-kills half your guys when they can't come on through him.

Mass outflanking isn't very scary.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

think about what you just said, if he just wasted his entire efort just to block an edge, that person just lost. Even if the person did block a edge I can attempt to go to the other edge but if all else fails I just come from the edge on my side.Besides if the person goes to the center his in range of my other tanks, and the infantry platoon rolls as a unit, so they come one side they all come on that side.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

204 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSunder View Post
    think about what you just said, if he just wasted his entire efort just to block an edge, that person just lost.
    No, he's just killed 1/3rd or so of your outflankers automatically and screwed over the rest by making them spend 5 turns to get to him.

Even if the person did block a edge I can attempt to go to the other edge
    Yeah, and be 5 feet away. You didn't put your objective close the the table edge he's blocking, did you? Beter hope the game goes at least 7 turns.

but if all else fails I just come from the edge on my side.
    Once you declare a unit as outflanking, it has to outflank. You can't decide later to come in from your long table edge, because only regular reserves can do that. Besides which, Captn' Al can ONLY outflank, ever.

Besides if the person goes to the center his in range of my other tanks,
    And you're in range of his. Only he has his full 1500 points shooting at your 750-1000 points for 1-2 turns. While your outflanking Chimeras-O-Doom come on later and have to huff it 24-36" before they can do much of anything. By that time he'll have killed your worst threats in the center and be ready for you.

and the infantry platoon rolls as a unit, so they come one side they all come on that side.
    Only in the YaqFAQ. In the actual game rules you make the reserve roll as one platoon, but the roll to see where they come in is done per squad. Which means that on average you'll only have 2/3rds of your outflankers on the side you want.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast