1850 for upcoming tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

11 (x1)

1850 for upcoming tournament

The shop I have been patronizing is having a tournament March 13 aand I'd like a little advice. The point total is 1850. There will be three rounds: annihilation, objectives and one TBA. It's been a couple years since I used my SOB and I'd like to make a decent showing at least. There will be orks, guard, a couple of CSM, necrons, Eldar and space marines. I've heard at least one CSM army uses lash princes. The tyranids player got deployed and won't be there and the Tau player went to space marines. Here is the list:

HQ1 160
    Canoness, BoSL, inferno pistol, Blessed Weapon, CoSA, Jump Pack, Rosarius
    HQ2 244
    Brother Captain, psychic hood, sacred incense
    GK Term(3) Incinerator, TH/SS
    El1 186
    Celestians(5) meltagun(2)
    VSS, BoSL
    Immolator smoke, EA
    El2 50
    DH Inq bolt pistol, CCW, power armour
    Tr 1-4 197 each
    Sisters(9) flamer, HF
    VSS BoSL
    FA1 152
    Seraphim(4) hand flamer, melta bombs
    VSS BoSL, melta bombs
    HS1 XXX
    HS2 XXX

4 rhinos, 1 immolator, 2 exorcists

The other list I have drops the GK termies, the power armour and a mystic from the DH inq and adds 6 GK in power armour with an incinerator(Tr5) and an immolator(HS3) to transport them. This list would give me another unit to hold an objective.

I can run the canoness with the seraphim or split them off as needed. The inq and mystics would sit with the exorcists to shoot deepstrikers. The celestians will make use of their meltas.

No one at the shop has run or played against SOB. I'm hoping that will give me a little advantage to make up for being rusty. Hopefully I can hinder the CSM and Eldar use of psychic powers (Librarians too). Please let me know what you think, I'd hate to get tabled first round!

2. Remove Advertisements

23 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

430 (x8)

A few random thoughs :

-You may want frags on your HQ - she's pretty expensive for a SoB though.
    -The celestians don't benefit hugely from a VSS, it's a place to save points if you need them.
    -A melta or two more wouldn't go amiss, you are a little short on anti-tank and that immo is going to be the first thing to get popped.
    -Elite inquisitor is probably better off with a bolt gun and a place to hide.
    -You might have trouble doing much damage with the seraphim, they don't seem to be set up with any goal in mind.
    -Assuming you don't have it you may also want to look into extra armour on the rhinos.

I used to play a mix not entirely different to your list from time to time and did fairly well, though i'm playing much heavier mech these days. I think you may find your GKs and seraphim struggling to keep up in your current list, they both seem a little squeezed in.

+ Reply to Thread