2500 pt tourny list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 pt tourny list

Hq
    Vulkan
    Pedro

Elites
    7th sh terms
    lrc mm

2x10 sterngaurd
    2mg 4 combi melta pf drop pod

troops
    10 tacts mg mm pf drop pod
    10 scouts snipers camo cloaks HB

heavy
    3 ac lc preds

plan is to use vulkans chapter tactics and put vulkan and pedro in lrc with terms to make terms plus one attack reroll misses. Any advice is appreicated thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Master of the Universe BIGphil22X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

First off, your post was very hard to read. Abbreviations are already rampant on the forums, and as you did not capitalize anything or space a lot of your words, it took me a good few minutes to get through your list.

Moving on, no offense but I don't see how you plan on winning a game as a Space Marine player with a single tactical squad. These are by far the meat of our army, and at 2,500 points, you only have 2 troop choices. That is atrocious! Please more tactical quads.

Also, not sure if I would put two special characters in one squad. It seems awkward, and also puts your HQ at a greater risk of getting destroyed all at once.

Hope this helps, cheers!
    "Sanguine, my brother."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Well for a start BIGPhil that 2 troop choices can make 4 by itself thanks to Combat Squads, with the two sternguard able to also for 4 scoring units thanks to Pedro. I think 8 is plenty for any sized army.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

plan is to use vulkans chapter tactics
    IMO you don't have enough weapons to make that worthwhile - especially when a master crafted thunder hammer only rerolls ONE miss, where a Chaplain would allow them to reroll all of them. Plus Pedro's Chapter Tactics of Stubborn is damn handy.
    Vulkan
    Pedro
    Massive overkill. Swap Vulkan for a Chaplain, save 100 points ish.
    7th sh terms
    lrc mm
    Fine.
    2x10 sterngaurd
    2mg 4 combi melta pf drop pod
    I don't think it's worth having proper meltaguns in a Sternguard squad - it removes their nice ammo. You're better off getting more combi-meltas instead. The only weapon swap I think it worth it is a heavy flamer, because sometimes you'll need to face horde.
    10 tacts mg mm pf drop pod
    10 scouts snipers camo cloaks HB
    Good.
    3 ac lc preds
    Bloody horrible, there are far better tank hunters out there than these, and you've already got them in the form of drop podding sternguard! Either downgrade them to bolter sponsons as your anti-horde is weak, or drop them altogether and put in Vindicators.

Using the remaining points I'd add in a Land Speeder squadron with Tornado launchers (they'll mash most things quickly), or a few attack bikes.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Master of the Universe BIGphil22X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    Well for a start BIGPhil that 2 troop choices can make 4 by itself thanks to Combat Squads, with the two sternguard able to also for 4 scoring units thanks to Pedro. I think 8 is plenty for any sized army.
    I realize this, but combat squads don't mean that your ten man tac squad gets magically multiplied into another ten man tac squad. Instead, its just a much weaker 5 man squad. I definitely appreciate the versatility of combat squads, but really only when I have lots of them, not just 4.
    "Sanguine, my brother."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if i were to replace vulkan with chaplain cassius what would you suggest swapping out the preds for I've personally had good success with them and its alot of cheap anti tank i can get three preds for the price of one sternguard squadin a pod.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGphil22X View Post
    I realize this, but combat squads don't mean that your ten man tac squad gets magically multiplied into another ten man tac squad. Instead, its just a much weaker 5 man squad. I definitely appreciate the versatility of combat squads, but really only when I have lots of them, not just 4.
    You don't have to combat squad all of them - keep the scouts and the tactical in blocks of 10, but split the sternguard. This gives you 2 decent objective holders, and 4 squads capable of dishing out pain that can't be all murked in CC so easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by overlordmrt View Post
    So if i were to replace vulkan with chaplain cassius what would you suggest swapping out the preds for I've personally had good success with them and its alot of cheap anti tank i can get three preds for the price of one sternguard squadin a pod.
    If they've worked well for you, stick with them. Personally I hate them, as I get better results out of vindicators and land speeders.
    My Deathwatch Campaign

+ Reply to Thread