185 Tourney List, Mostly Mech - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

185 Tourney List, Mostly Mech

Looking for Feedback and Advice, Points are super tight... I think I've got like 6 points to spare, and so much more I'd like to see...

HQ:

Canoness, Jump Pack, Blessed Weapon, Inferno Pistol, Cloak of St. Aspiria, Book
    Canoness, Eviscerator, Polt Pistol, Cloak, Rosarius, Mantle, Book
    Priest, Eviscerator

Troop:
    10xSisters, VSS, Hv.Flamer, Meltagun, Book, Rhino, Smoke & Search Light
    10xSisters, VSS, Hv.Flamer, Meltagun, Book, Rhino, Smoke & Search Light
    10xSisters, 2x Meltagun, Rhino, Smoke & Search Light
    10xSisters, 2x Meltagun, Rhino, Smoke & Search Light
    17xSisters, VSS, Eviscerator

Fast:
    6xSeraphim,VSS,Eviscerator,2xHand Flamer

Heavy:
    Exorcist
    Exorcist

Any advice?

The on foot canoness and priest join to the large sisters squad, to form a unit with a high model count and three eviscerators.
    The Flying Nun joins the Seraphim.

Things I would ideally like to see:

VSS in every rhino squad
    Xtra Armor on all rhinos
    1 more Seraphim added to the squad
    Litanies on the Canoness in the big sisters squad
    3 more sisters in the big squad, to make 20 even.

Thoughts on how to make it more effective?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

I would certainly put VSSs in the Meltagun Squads, you can always use the faith!

For 5pts, EA is manditory for Sisters.

Drop the Preist to use his points.

Overall though, decent list.

Cheers, DH
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

multiple post problems...
    Last edited by NekhraRises; February 24th, 2010 at 23:21.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

Multiple posting problem...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

Just realized I was short a bunch of points!

How about this for a savage list....

HQ:
    Canoness, Eviscerator, Cloak, Rosarius, Litanies, Book -145
    Canoness, Eviscerator, Cloak, Rosarius, Litanies, Book -145
    Priest, Eviscerator -65
    Priest, Eviscerator -65

Troops:
    20xSisters, VSS, Eviscerator - 259
    20xSisters, VSS, Eviscerator - 259
    10xSisters, VSS, Book, Hv. Flamer, Meltagun, Rhino, Xtra Armor, Search Lights, Smoke - 210
    10xSisters, VSS, Book, Hv. Flamer, Meltagun, Rhino, Xtra Armor, Search Lights, Smoke - 210

Heavy:
    Exorcist
    Exorcist

12 points to spare, Booya!

I like the priests, cause they add a third eviscerator to the sisters unit, can't be picked out, and allow re-rolls on the charge.
    as for the Cooness layout, i would love to give one mantle, but if they have litanies, they cna give the huge squads invulnerable saves for that one shooting phase where artillery unloads, or power weapons galore asssault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

it is a mistake to have some ladies riding and some walking... either all walk (which is another mistake) or all ride

Aggies for 40k - PM me for details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

not really about mixing mech and foot... i would drop those priests and drop 1 cannoness, and pick up another rhino squad. this way you have 4 mech'd squads for offensive 6 vehicles but you can also use those foot squads to sit on objectives which is basically the biggest problem with mech'd sisters, they can take objectives well but cant hold them.

I like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

59 (x2)

Don't mix foot in with Mech Inf.

You also don't need 2 cannonesses decked out like that. one is fine. Drop the priests. I would also drop the rosarius. Put a jump pack on the cannoness, and let her jump behind/between tanks, then leap out and eat something. You might consider a mantle on the lone jumpy cannoness though.

fill in your extra points with:
    3 Celestian Squads 2/Meltaguns in Innolators w/E.Armor (smokes if you've got points to kill) It's a faithful, burninating, tank killing unit your opponent really should be spending effort to kill rather than the same amount of effort to kill your troops.

and maybe even a Heavy Support Immo and some Melta IST's to ride in it. Or perhaps another unit of Sisters in a rhino.
    When sisters get whittled down to 4-6, they can become a nice tarpit with a Book, and using faith for Invuls.

the squad of troops that looses their transport gets to stay home and do their hair on the home objective.
    check out Farmpunk's blog:
    the Back 40k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

I don't really see the problem with having a couple large foot slogging squads,

if you made the list something like this....

hq

cannoness w/ blessed weapon, book, cloak, mantle, jump pack - 136 points

troops

20 battle sisters w/ 2 melta guns, veteran, book - 259 points

20 battle sisters w/ 2 melta guns, veteran, book - 259 points

10 battle sisters w/ 2 melta guns, veteran, book, rhino, EA, smokes - 207 points

10 battle sisters w/ 2 melta guns, veteran, book, rhino, EA, smokes - 207 points

10 battle sisters w/ 1 melta gun, 1 heavy flamer, veteran, book, rhino, EA, smokes - 207 points

10 battle sisters w/ 1 flamer, 1 heavy flamer, veteran, book, rhino, EA, smokes - 205 points

fast attack

8 seraphim w/veteran, book, eviscerator, 2 hand flamers - 230 points

heavy support

1 exorcist - 135 points

1 exorcist - 135 points

not that bad... the enemy will have a hard time stopping 6 tanks ontop of a serpahim squad and 40 power armoured troops, if you can fit in about 4 rhinos i dont really see the problem with mixing in foot troops.

most witch hunter players seem to regurgitate exactly what st.john70's mech tactica says (which is outdated by an entire edition of rules may i add) like its the bible to playing this army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

59 (x2)

I've actually never been a fan of large blocks of T3 Power Armor walking across the board. you loose a lot of offensive power. If Sisters got long range Heavy weapons in squads, I'd be more for it.

I feel that an inducted IG platoon clumped up with a commissar to make them stubborn is better, and cheaper. The platoon has staying power when in cover, and has cheap Autocannons, and Grenade launchers for higher ST, longer range shots than Sisters can put out. These are good things for holding a home objective.

I also tend to go by an armor saturation principle. I was going down that line of thinking before I read St. John's tactica. back in 4th ed, I found 2 rhinos and 2 exorcists were too easy for my opponent to destroy, then kill off the sisters riding inside. When I started pushing towards light armor saturation, I found that with 7-8 tanks on the board, it was tough for my opponent to eliminate them before I got across the board to apply my fire in optimal places by disembarking.

this still applies in 5th ed. Look at a successful IG chimelta list. it's got lots of light armor. 1-2 chimera and 1-2 heavy tanks isn't bad. but 6 chimera with meltas in them rushing across the board is daunting. same principle with Sisters.

I recommend Celestians in Immolators because they're pretty effective against a variety of targets. the Immo kills hordes pretty nicely, and the Meltas kill tanks. Even better, the meltas kill the tank, then the Immo kills the surviving passengers.
    plus they're faithful.
    And once you deal with my tank army, I still have a pretty tough foot army (that got out of the tanks) to deal with.
    I recently revisited light armor saturation on my blog:
    so much armor, so few shots

you'll also find a few forces LOVE to see you on foot. new nids, Demons, Black Templar, orks, blast template IG, Dark Eldar, Seer councils. with only 12" weapons, or standing still to take single shots, you're not a big offensive threat.

I've had games vs. Demons and Orks where they could do nothing to me because I was in tanks. I just moved around, and cleaned them up.
    check out Farmpunk's blog:
    the Back 40k

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast