Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Ok so I am trying to set up a flexible 1500 point list that utilizes tac squads and sternguard for a solid firing line with the thunderfire providing indirect fire support with one assault term squad with chap in LRC as a rapid response force with the cap attached to other term squad to counter charge any assaults on the line. I am thinking of freeing up some point on the SM cap so I can field the LRC with Multi-Melta and Extra Armor. Feedback is very welcome as this is my first army list and I am nowhere near experienced so any help is a god-send. Also I am not sure what heavy weapons tac marines can take for free.
1 - SM Captain - Term LC x2 - 155
2 - SM Term Chap - 130
3 - Tac Marine + 5 Troops - 170
4 - Tac Marine + 5 Troops - 170
5 - Sternguard Veteran - 125
6 - Assault Term - THSS x 3 - 200
7 - Assault Term - THSS x 3 - 200
8 - LRC - 250
9 - Thunderfire Cannon - 100
Last edited by MyrmidonsChapter; February 26th, 2010 at 22:44.
Right, here we go:
1. The most competitive lists are mechanised, as our best range is 12" so we need to get close fast. If your playing for fun this doesn't matter as much
2. Tactical marines should always have heavy weapons. Personaly I like meltagun/plasma cannon but flamer/heavy missile launcher is free and still good.
3. A power fist or at least a power weapon is needed to stop your tactical marines getting stuck in assualt.
4. Thunderfire cannons die to easily. If you like artillery get a whirlwind. If you're not that bothered go have a look at other options.
5. The vehicles are a bit of a target. Either go full mech or footslog (note that full mech could have one home-objective holder)
6. Our hqs are expensive. In my opinion, the terminator chaplain is better as he is more point efficient.
7. Thats a lot of assualt terminators, 5 of which won't be doing anything for 2/3 turns.
Thats just a quick summary. Also, its a lot easier if the list is split into hq, troops, elites, fast attack and heavy support. Not mandatory but helpful.
Good luck with editing the list.
So dropping the thunderfire in favor of a whirlwind and dropping an assault term squad in favor of perhaps mechanization of tac and stern and perhaps granting some freed up points toward LRC upgrades.
I am going to leave the original list untouched (aside from labeling troop types) so others know what I am starting with and what to build on. Thanks for the imput Sancraer!