750 DH list vs Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

750 DH list vs Space Marines

H.Q
    BC + 3 GKT

Troops
    6 ISTs - 2 plasma guns
    6 GK
    5 GK

Heavy Support
    Dreadnought w. Lascannon, Missile Launcher, extra armour and smoke launchers.

Total = 752

The dread should deal with any vehicles he's got, being 750 he'll take maybe 1 dread max. Had 8 points leftover, so that's why there's 6 ISTs. Was a toss up between the ISTs and 3 more PAGK, but having the ISTs frees up my PAGK from defending home objective, and the plasma will be helpful enough.

The list I'll probably be up against is:

Cpt with jump pack + power weapon
    20 tac marines (4 combat squads)
    6/7 assault marines
    AC/CCW dread

I was thinking I'll hang back for as long as I can. I can shoot my dread, and if he has a missile launcher or two in his tac squads the damage will hopefully be negligible, especially after shrouding. Then if he charges my storm-bolters and plasma will do some damage. PAGK will provide counter-charge against assault marines.

Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would spread the plasmas out mabey so your opponet dosent target thats squad over the rest because its a higher threat and kill your plasmas. his assualt marines are going to get wrecked by your BC and GKTs, tac marines will probably kill your ISTs in a gun fight not fast but they will kill them(plasmas might kick in and get alot of kills). he cant shoot and move his missile launchers so that wont be a problem. Also id use a twin-linked autocannon over the missile launcher it will always land a hit, can take out a dreadnought, and kill troops better than a missile launcher. i dont know why your friend is trying to run CC against you your BC will go right threw them in a turn of combat.
    Space marines 6 dread army Wins: 4 ties:2 Loses:7 Modified Standard nilla marines Wins:37 Ties:8 Loses 42 Daemonhunters Wins:3 Ties:0 Loses:1 Full assualt concept army wins: 6 Ties: none Loses: 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Thanks for the reply. How would you suggest I spread the plasma out? I can't afford another squad. And ultimately if he does target my ISTs I'm okay with that, because it means my GK will avoid being shot down, which is their real weakness, as they can handle themselves in combat. Also the ISTs only cost 80 points so if that's what he wants to focus I'm not too concerned. He will probably divide his 10 man squads into two 5 man combat units, with missile launcher and co. sitting back and powerfist, sergeant and co. charging forward. I don't think I can take a twin-linked auto-cannon instead of a missile launcher can I? The missile launcher is the only option to replace the DCCW IIRC.

I think he's trying to run rapid assault because the last two times I've faced him I've gone very shooty with inquisitors and ISTs, and he died to mass psycannons and plasma guns/plasma cannons. Looking forward to suprising him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would take the terminators out in favor of more pagk, or maybe some more ist/ rhino to get the jump on him
    I'm not here for the respect, just here to spread the clarity of a very complicated game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Yeah, but it would either be the 3 GKT or 5 PAGK (have to round down because I can't go over the points) unless I shuffle other things too, and I think 2 extra PAGK isn't worth it. And I need the BC as my H.Q choice anyway. The GKT are good because of their power weapons which are great against 3+ saves, plus a strong, durable unit for him to stress about will be a nice mental victory. I was going to try and find out how to work in a rhino or two, but I thought why spend 60-120 points taking the fight to him, when really I'm probably better suited to letting the fight come to me, which makes his rapid fire weapons more useless and his long range weapons have to deal with shrouding. Even if I do charge him, footslogging would probably be better so I can make use of my stormbolter firepower, which is an advantage over his boltguns. Against certain armies having the transports to move past gunlines would be a massive advantage, but if I've already got him outgunned there's probably no need.

Thanks for the advice c130003000!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your regular troops can own his chaplin and assualt squad terminators or PAGks will do the same amount of work power weapons will wipe through his squad quicker tho. what i mean by spread out the plasmas is put one in one squad one in another. but as it happens i missread your list totally >< im an idiot lol. Most armies have no chance vs deamonhunters in low points PAGKs own all other troops they always get two shoots at range , there melee owns, they have a power weapon all attack at strength 6 there more pricey but worth it. All you have to do is take the dreadnought out fast .PAGKs FTW lol. He wont be able to compare to your melee and shooting you have space marines at all low point games unless he runs a predator and some other heavy stuff you cant have dont tell him that tho, lol.
    Space marines 6 dread army Wins: 4 ties:2 Loses:7 Modified Standard nilla marines Wins:37 Ties:8 Loses 42 Daemonhunters Wins:3 Ties:0 Loses:1 Full assualt concept army wins: 6 Ties: none Loses: 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultimately if you like the terminators go for them. I love their models, but I've come to find from personal preference one good rapid fire of plasma and it will sting. As for the rhino it wasn't meant to break through buts as a counter rapid fire/LOS blocker. Your IST WILL fall to any kind of bolter fire. I usually hold them in rhinos and when the enemy gets close drive up and drop. Either way you choose hope it works well for ya
    I'm not here for the respect, just here to spread the clarity of a very complicated game

+ Reply to Thread