<2000 My Salamanders List 2000 pts +- a few - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Salamanders List 2000 pts +- a few

So everybody Here is my current Salamanders List what do you guys think? I've only played 1 game with it so far and it went well vs foot slogging Orks

HQ Vulkan

Elites : Dreadnought with Plasma Cannon, Missile Launcher

Dreadnought with Multi- Melta, Twin linked Auto cannon

Terminator Squad 5 man Cyclone Missile Launcher, Sgt with power sword,and a Land Raider deployed in or out depending on mission type

Troops : 5 Scouts + Telion , Camo cloaks , 4 sniper rifles for crazie tough characters ,1 heavy Bolter

10 man Tac squad melta gun,Multi-Melta,Razorback

10 man Tac squad melta gun,Las cannon,Razorback

10 man Tac squad flamer, Plasma Cannon,Razorback, Sgt with power weapon

Fast Attack: 1-Attack bike, Multi-Melta

Heavy Support: Thunderfire Cannon

Vindicator

35.9% Elite
    2.5% Fast
    10.7% Heavy
    9.5% HQ
    41.5% Troops
    Model Count 51

So what do you guys think? bad good ugly? and my next question do you guys have any rules you go by when building a list say like at least 50% troops... or something like that

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not exactly an expert on Space Marines, but here's what I think:

What exactly are you going to do with the scout group? Depending on what you're going to have them do will change whether or not that load out will be advantageous.
    I'd probably take assault termies rather then the current ones you have. You could give them thunder hammers (which will count as master crafted) and storm shields. I'd do this not just to capitalize on Vulkan, but also because you have a distinct lack of power in assault. Plus, where is Vulkan going to be the whole time? He could be in the Raider with the assault termies for the combined assault, or of course include him in one of your tac squads, but Vulkan isn't exactly that great in the shooting phase.

I don't exactly know why you have one attack bike for your fast attack. He's going to be too fast unless you slow him down with the rest of your army. And even then, he's probably just going to get killed without doing much.

Just my initial thoughts, feel free to listen to or ignore any of the above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Vulkan was going to hang out with the termies for a counter to what ever my adversary's big bad assaulter were, and my scouts were to shoot hq's and named characters,high toughness guys, or Telion to pick out the really nasties guy hiding in a unit,and the attack bike really is just for snipe 1 or 2 high av stuff and because well I had 50 pts left over . Most of my oponets are either CSM or Orks with an ocasonal space wolves.....
    also the csm run 2 difilers and a deamon prince most of the time so I was looking for long range take out powerand the orks like to run 1 battle wagon 2 squiggoths 1 looted wagon and generally mech force.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the termies are going to be with Vulkan then they pretty much have to be assault termies. No real point in a putting a close combat character with a shooty squad.

+ Reply to Thread