1650 DH/Wh allies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1650 DH/Wh allies

I'm posting this here, but it's technically a DH list, but I prefer to think of it at a 50/50 list.

Pwnage 1650 Pts - Daemonhunters Army

1 Grey Knight Grand Master (HQ) @ 175 Pts
    Nemesis Force Halberd; Psycannon
    #Terminator Armour [0]

1 Ordo Malleus Inquisitor (Elites) @ 41 Pts
    Bolt Pistol (x1); Close Combat Weapon (x1)
    #Scourging [20]

1 Vindicare Assassin (Elites) @ 110 Pts
    Vindicare Temple; Exitus Rifle; Exitus Pistol; Spy Mask; Stealth Suit

6 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (Troops) @ 80 Pts
    Hellgun (x4); Grenade Launcher (x1); Plasma Gun (x1); Frag Grenades

1 Grey Knight Dreadnought (Heavy Support) @ 130 Pts
    Front Armour: 12; Side Armour: 12; Rear Armour: 10; Dread. CC Weapon;
    Storm Bolter; Twin-linked Lascannon

1 Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Lord (HQ) (wh) @ 114 Pts
    Bolt Pistol (x1); Power Weapon (x1)
    #Scourging [20]
    Power Armour [10]
    1 Acolyte @ [8] Pts
    Laspistol (free); CCW (free)
    1 Sage @ [10] Pts
    Laspistol (free); CCW (free)
    1 Warrior @ [10] Pts
    Targeter; Hellgun; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades

1 Vindicare Assassin (Elites) (wh) @ 110 Pts
    Vindicare Temple; Exitus Rifle; Exitus Pistol; Spy Mask; Stealth Suit

9 Battle Sisters Squad (Troops) (wh) @ 235 Pts
    Bolter (x7); Heavy Flamer (x1); Flamer (x1)
    1 Veteran Sister Superior @ [65] Pts
    Plasma Pistol (x1); Eviscerator
    1 Rhino APC @ [53] Pts
    Storm Bolter
    Smoke Launchers [3]

9 Battle Sisters Squad (Troops) (wh) @ 235 Pts
    Bolter (x7); Heavy Flamer (x1); Flamer (x1)
    1 Veteran Sister Superior @ [65] Pts
    Plasma Pistol (x1); Eviscerator
    1 Rhino APC @ [53] Pts
    Storm Bolter
    Smoke Launchers [3]

As I understand, this list should be legal, but I'm not 100% sure. There are two vindicare assassins, one from the DH side and one from the WH side. And since there are inquisitors from both side, it should be legal.

The idea around the list is simple. Have 3 units that my enemy can't ignore and have to deal with, otherwise they are in a world of pain.

The two Assassin inflitrate. I would idealy put them away from objectives and out of any sort of direct path between the two armies. I want my enemy to actually have to deviate from his plan to deal with the units. Since you always have to roll night fighting to see the unit, you're almost going to have to get into 18"-24" range to shoot at him. The idea behind having two is to be able to take out 2 special units a round of shooting, or hopeuflly 1 multiple wound charater a round.

For instance, suppose a tyrant starts on the board. First round of shooting, both assassins use Turbo penetrator rounds. If they both hit and wounds, thats 4 wounds, which means the tyrant is down. Vs marines, the same could happen, except I could force them to take invun saves, rather than armour. I can also pick out powerfists in squads, or heavy weapons in squads. Being in cover isn't going to help that much as he reduces the cover save by 1. So I can take out a venom thrope in 1 round as it'll only get a 6+ cover save and only has 2 wounds. They have so many uses and having two is just a killer tbh.

The other unit is the Grey Knight captain which will deep strike behind the enemy units to contest or just kill anything on objectives. He'll move than likely die eventually, but he has to be dealt with, so I'm potentially forcing my oppoent to turn around. Also, units like the Zanthrope, Doom of Malatai, Deamons etc, are in a lot of trouble as the phsycannon ignore invun saves. So a unit of 2 zanthropes with , mostly likely take 3 wounds (hitting on 2+, wounding on 2+, no saves). Deamons will have to deal with him too, as he'll just stand there and shoot at the biggies and should get at least 1 wound on them a round of shooting. Rush him into combat vs a Doom of Malatai. If I get one wound in, I'll insta kill it with the force weapon and again, I'm hitting on 3+, wounding on 2+. Same thing for going up against monsterous creatures, like carnis or tervi's. With the force weapon I can insta pop them and having 4-6 wounds means nothing.

The storm troopers are there to sit on close objectives. 1 Units sits on the obj, while another 1 or two are near by for cover fire. Keep one inquisitor around too, have him assault an approaching unit and hold them up for a round, maybe two if he's lucky and the assassins have removed special weapons.

The dreads are my anti armour, but the sisters squads have all got eviserators in them, so they can perhaps deal with armour too. Each unit has a Faith point too and with the heavy flamer and normal flamer, could really rip up enemy units, especially swarms. Also, with the assassins, I can take out enemy units, even in CC (been FAQ'ed, so it's legal) I can remove any special CC weapons that are going to give me grief.

They major key for me is being able to remove special weapons/units from my enemy with the assassin and making them very hard to deal with, placement with them is key.

Thoughts?

Last edited by synack; March 4th, 2010 at 09:21.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First thought are the assassins problem you've mentioned. I'll paraphrase the codex entry, "no more than one imperial assassin in any force for any reason."

However, if you tell your opponent that you are treating your army as two seperate forces working together and he agrees that it is a viable reason then I don't see the problem.

As for the rest, I'll read it and get back to you when I can find some time. I always love a top DH/WH combo list after all...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the DH codex they are called Imperial Assassin's and you're only allowed one Imperial Assassin in a army/force.

In the WH codex they are called Officio Assassinorum Operative and you're only allowed one Officio Assassinorum Operative in a army force.

Since the titles are different for the different armies, you can have one Imperial Assassin and one Officio Assassinorum Operative in a army that allies WH with DH or DH with WH.

Sneaky eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nm, I'm wrong about the names.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I’ll start at the Assassin bit. After reading it, no you can’t have the 2 assassins. So I’d drop off the WH Inquisitor and the extra Vindicare. Also drop the Psycannon on the GM. If you intend on using him as a shooting platform, an HQ BC would be much more ideal; and cheaper. Giving you roughly 244 pts.

With those points, you could Pick up a HQ BC with Psycannon to get it back. You could MC the GM’s NFW. Grab a Psychic Hood.

Or you can look into a squad of Seraphim to bolster your WH side.

And you can always look into some GKTs with 2 Psycannons. Or make it 3 by getting the HQ BC as well and linking them up for a nice 9 shots a turn.

Just some suggestions. I play DH far more than I do WH… so YMMV.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    132 (x2)

You're right to ditch the ordo hereticus inquisitor, not just because its a waste of points just to unlock an assassin (that you cant take anyway.... but we know this), but because he has no clear role. best the theme your retinue. i have 2 one HQ, one Elite, the hq is;

Inquisitor lord ; eviscerator, His will be done (i have found this combo more widely effective than a force weapon)
    psychic hood, hexagramic wards (ruins even ld10 psychers day)
    rosarius (a must have if striking last)

retinue; 3 warriors:2 crusaders 1 combat servitor (bring the pain)
    3 acolytes with man catchers & carapace armour (thats 3 wounds that can be deflected from your lord and three attacks that can be prevented)
    2 chirurgeons (and finally any wound, even instant death, can be ignored..... that's 7 WOUNDS AVERTED!

this little package goes down much better if slung into a landraider and clearly cc orientated

my elite is ordo maleus reading;

inquisitor; psy-cannon, auspex, word of the emperor (potentially stops an assault dead making them suffer another round of shooting)

retinue; 3 warriors (all gun servitors with 2 heavy bolters and a plasma cannon... that's a total of 3 s6, 6 s5, and a plasma blast!)
    2 sages (even more accurate shooting) and a Mystic (so infiltrators, daemons and deapstrikers are gonna have a bad day)

some food for thought.

my one criticism. I wouldn't even bother with the Vindicare. even with flawless shooting, you're only going to cause 7 wounds per game in a 6 turn game.....
    i used to love mine but he just didn't perform.... now the callidus assassin, wow. pretty much brilliant against any foe... with an ap3 template weapon, ignoring armour and inv saves in cc, jump back, a word in your ear (its a real b**ch when you move you enemies fire base behind a brick wall, but deserved of maniacal laughter.

im suprised you resisted the temptation of taking more terminators as a retinue for your grand master, but other than that, a good competative list, esp the dreadnought wing brrrrrrrrrr* scary!
    Last edited by Davidian; July 4th, 2010 at 03:56.

+ Reply to Thread