600 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 600 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

600 points

Hey guys, i'm building a small 600 points list, its got a couple of limitations though.Must have a HQ2 troops min 1 Elite max1 heavy support or 1 fast attack Here is the list Company command squad with vox pack veteran squad with 1 grenade launcherChimera transporting vets (above)veteran squad with vox pack lascannon Storm trooper squad x5 Leman Russ battle tank with Pask Lascannon heavy bolter sponsons Please offer your critique!

If Slaanesh is the god of the Perverse, why does Nurgle have all the filth?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Right, so what do we have here then. My comments are in Red.

CCS - vox
    CCS - Give these boys some love. Bs4 is handy. I'm sure you can find the points for something.
    Vet Squad - 1 grenade launcher, Chimera
    Vet Squad - Lascannon, Vox
    The Chimera Squad could do with a bit of love. a single G-Launcher wont really achieve much.
    The Second Vet squad is alright but you don;t really need a Lascannon. I can't see many Heavy tanks at 600pts. You could get alway with an Autocannon and maybe some g-Launchers
    5 Storm Troopers - No Upgrades.
    Rather than the Storm Troopers take Marbo. He's cheaper and will do a hell of alot more damage.
    Leman Russ, Pask, Lascannon, H-Bolter sponsosn.
    This guy is where you can loose some points. Ditch the H-Bolters, Pask and the Lascannon. That gives you 85pts to play with.

At 600pts this is what i'd do with your guys.

CCS: Chimera, 3 Melta guns - 135pts
    Vets: Chimera, 3 Melta guns - 155pts
    Vets: Autocannon, 3 G-Launchers - 95pts
    Marbo - XXpts
    Leman Russ, Hull H-Flamer - 150pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers Borak- rep for you, btw i was thinking of taking out stormies(useless, useless stormies) for a 5 pysker battle squad. Leaving me some points to beef up the chimera vets. I will take out the bolters, but in my experience I will have to pack some long range tank hunting, due to the popularity of trukks at my club. Thanks very much.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

Stormies aren't totally useless. In larger games they make a great 'alpha-strike' unit, using meltas and deep strike to take down emeny tanks.

Psyker Battle squads aren't bad, but they must have a chimera. Plus, just 4 pskers won't put that much of a dent in anything. Leave them for now.

I'd second the idea of using Marbo. I almost always take him, and he is worth every last one of his XX points, and more.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

If trucks are quite common how about picking up a Hydra? Nothing kils trucks like Hydras. Well maybe an Exterminator but thats pretty much the same. Or just chuck an Autocannon into the CCS and Chimera Vet squad for some more Dakka.

If you're going to pick a PBS up then they really need a Chimera. They suffer really really badly from casualties. Plus i think you'd get more for your points by just spending it on something that can kill things dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    If trucks are quite common how about picking up a Hydra? Nothing kils trucks like Hydras. Well maybe an Exterminator but thats pretty much the same. Or just chuck an Autocannon into the CCS and Chimera Vet squad for some more Dakka.

If you're going to pick a PBS up then they really need a Chimera. They suffer really really badly from casualties. Plus i think you'd get more for your points by just spending it on something that can kill things dead.
    Lol in fact I do posess a Hydra, sadly it uses the same body as my chimera. And i need that for grabbing objectives.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Ah well not to worry then. Multilasters on Chimeras are just as good for downing Ork trucks. In small games though Leman Russ Exterminators are just nasty tank killers.

+ Reply to Thread