Crimson fist 1500pt (game club tourney) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crimson fist 1500pt (game club tourney)

Ok so I've been painting furiously over the last 6 weeks and have just scraped together 1500pts of Crimson Fists. Its for a local tourney with a battalion set up for grabs. Heres what i have for 1500pts so far. This is my first time playing Space Marines (I'm usually Tau) other than a few 500pt battles so comments welcome. I have more to paint yet so feel free to suggest replacement units as i probably have one or two in my bottomless (to be painted) closet.

Captain 160pts
    Artificer armour, relic blade, storm shield

Chaplain 115pts
    Jump pack

Dreadnought 195pts
    Extra armour, hvy flamer, assault cannon
    Drop pod w/ deathwind missile launcher

Terminator Squad x 5 230pts
    Assault cannon

Tactical Squad x 10 265pts
    Flamer, Missile launcher, PF on sergeant and teleport homer
    Razorback w/ extra armour

Tactical Squad x 10 205pts
    Plasma gun, Lascannon, PF on sergeant

Scout Squad x 5 100pts
    Camo cloaks, sniper rifle x 4, missile launcher

Assault Squad x 10 230pts
    Plasma pistol, PF on sergeant

1500pts total

Ok the plan is drop the dreadnought down first turn and act as distraction while razorback with captain and teleport homer gets across board with assault marines. This will leave 15 foot slogging marines and infiltrating scouts. Then teleport the terminators in. The captain is loaded like he is as i did a really nice paint job on a model with this equipment (although i do have a plasma pistol/lightning claw one too, just doesn't look so nice).

As i said, any comments welcome as i can always put together and paint more!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you having the jump pack marines deep strike or start on board? If you are going to have them ds then the teleport homer will not work for them. Since you have a shooty termi squad why have the tp homer? They can just start on the board near deployment zone and give support fire from turn one. That would save you extra points. If you think 1 ML and 1 LC is enough AT in your local gaming area then by all means, but I believe it is a little light for my taste. I would try to find some space for meltas. For extra armor on your rhino i do believe you could do without it. Your dread should probably replace the heavy flamer for a melta for an added drop melta if your not too worried abotu meltas in your tacs since they have flamers already.

sorry for the terrible grammer etc, in a rush hope this helps
    I'm not here for the respect, just here to spread the clarity of a very complicated game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i was planning on the marines starting on the board with Chaplain. yes the terminators were to DS in. I thought that Assault terminators were better in landraiders and shooty ones, with assault cannon, were better for DS as they can shoot the turn they arrive (but as i said i am upgrading from 500pt battles and its my first larger SM list so i could have that totally wrong). Its better to start them on the board turn 1 then?

I went with the extra armour on the razorback so it can move even if stunned as its job is to get somewhere (or get shot). But i can lose that to get a melta in there...For anti tank i'll try and squeeze a melta or two in there, i also have a 2nd ML in the scouts.

I know its not the most competitive of lists...but its what I've got painted at the moment. I do have a multi melta and melta marine painted and I've a ton of stuff i can put together and paint so if you think other units are best used then feel free to tell me. About the only thing i don't have is a landraider or assault marines. A crusader variant and the terminators are my next purchase (when i'm back to work and have money).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoguths are the threart range of SB and AC are 24". Unless your looking for combat drivng up from deployment zone and dropping next trun puts you in the enemies face. That would be Assault termie territory imo. In a pitched battle termies on the deployment line that move forwad will beable to hit most anyything in your opppents deployment zone. The list is only as competitive as you want it to be. Out of the 12 results from glance and pen chart stun is on there a total of twice meaning a 1/6 chance out of any damnage that you get stunned. Maybe its just me but i can fire 4 ML at a rhino and get nothing but shakens. To take vehichles down in 5th you either need some good luck or large salvos.
    I'm not here for the respect, just here to spread the clarity of a very complicated game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. maybe im just used to my tau with str10 ap1 weapons. I do tend to have 3 HH in 1500 pts and they deal with armour well enough!

I can drop the captain to LC and plasma pistol only, drop deathwind ML, extra armour from dread and razorback and also drop the teleport homer to give myself 100pts. Then take two attack bikes with MM? Will just mean I've more painting to do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You coud also try a typhoon speeder for also the same cost of the attack bike. It has better flexebilty for the lack of specialization in AT. The dual attack bikes could be good too, but remeber they will probably get singled out and have to get within rapidfire range safetly to be highly effective.

+ Reply to Thread