600pts ....Schools league 2010 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

600pts ....Schools league 2010

CCS2 Lascannons-90Platoon J.O.2 Auto cannons 2 Squads2 Rockets 180Heavy wepons squad 3 heavy bolters3 Auto cannons Platoon J.O.2 Squads 5 RatingsAny Crits and comments please ask.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please, write in a better format...

But from what I can teel you don't seem to have read the rules properly.

CCS:
    You can't have two heavy weapons in the squad. Most often it's also Lascannon<Autocannon, due to the higher rate of fire, but it's a personal choice really. Theese guys are otherwise screaming for some special weapons. Consider GL's if you're using Autocannon, they complement eachother nicely.

J.O (?. I'm guessing you mean PCS):
    Same as above, you can't take two heavy weapons teams in the unit. Same as above, really.

Infantry Squads:
    Some people are starting to take a liking to MLs, But I still prefer the traditional AC. Consider giving theese guys GLs to.

HWS:
    Not, worth, it. I'd drop theese. Your list seriously lack in the AT department.

So i'd suggest investing in a Chimelta with the pts earned from the HWS, Ratlings and second PCS (That you can't have.) I think this would land you at:

CCS
    Autocannon
    2 Grenade Lanchers

PCS
    Autocannon
    2 Grenade Lanchers

Infantry Squad
    Autocannon
    Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad
    Autocannon
    Grenade Launcher

Veteran Squad
    3 Meltas
    Chimera with M-L and HF

This would leave you at 195pts left to 600pts. Now, seeing as your list is lacking in actual threats, i'd consider throwing in a Demolisher. This would leave you with 30pts left to spend on ther things, altough, I can't really find anything particularily useful to squeeze in there. If you feel like it, throw in a small squad of Ratlings. They'll be a slight annoyance to the enemy at this level, but no more.

I'd run a list totally different from this, but working with the basic outlines there... ^^

Good luck!

Cheers ^^
    http://refraintofsanity.blogspot.com/
    -"Oh God, this is going to take a while..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome list steve and it destroyed my marine 600pts

ccs:
    you can have 2 heavy weppons teams as you have 4 vets so you acn replace them with 2 teams of 2 heavy wepons teams.
    it even says that in the guard codex if you read it properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to say that's a slight bending of the rules, or a total and utter RAW-exploit.

But, maybe that's just me. I'll start a topic to check if it really hold water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No! not correct, you can trade 2 (individual models) vets for one vet heavy weapons team. And Mr OP please find the enter button on the keyboard.

Hussar's list is pretty nice looking. A Demolisher at this level would be a monster...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well g/w havent pick it up yet and ive been playing for 2 yrs as guard and none of the guys there has said anything???...so im confused

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

It says "replace two veterans with a veterans Hvy Wpns Team" so you can only swap 2 out. If it said "up to four Veterans maybe be replaced....." then you'd be able to. CCS have only ever been allowed 1 heavy weapon since the Guard came into being.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the comment fo you having been able to play like this for two years, have anyone read your codex?

And do you play at an actual GW shop, and because they haven't said anything, you think you can?

Most often, the employes at the GW shops ar more for the playing part of the game, meaning actually playing with toy soldiers. They are most often taking the rule of "have fun" over any other rules. Menaing, if you feel like runing two HWT in your CCS? Sure! It looks cool!
    GW often just want you to have fun and buy more models, and leave tactics and such optional. The main object for GW with armies is that they look cool and that you have fun playing them, other than that, the rules are slightly bendable. I don't say that this is a fully bad thing, but then 40k falls more in the line of playing with toy soldiers, instead of the playing of a tacticial game.

Now, in a tournament setting, they'd slap you over the head with the codex and tell you to read it properly.

Cheers ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well in sorry for getting something wrong i only wanted to no if that was a gd list not if g/w are good at the jobs or now i know about the HWT in CCS slap on the wrist for me ok ......
    I know i want more tactics in 40k its all move modles in a straight line with most people .....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've commented on your list, or wait... Seems as only I have

I have given you some constrictive criticism at least and we've also told you the dual HWT in PCS/CCS is illegal. On the tactics side, I can't really see how you think it's just about moving your soldiers in a straight line. The more linear warfare belongs in WHFB, if anyplace (altough I don't find it that linear there either, but more than in 40k).

If you're interested in tactics, there's tons of places to find it. You have for instance the main IG forum, the Tactica part, and also there's a vast number of blogs that take up tactics with IG. If you're interested in some army creation tips and a few tactics, check out for instance SandWyrms blog: the back 40k

He's quite fond of Mech-IG though, so I don't know how much you'll get out of it. Otherwise, just look around the main IG forum, there's been tons of discussions there since the release of the new edition on what tactics to use ^^

Cheers and good luck ^^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast