<2000 SW Wolfbrothers 2000pt - Two Land Raiders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SW Wolfbrothers 2000pt - Two Land Raiders

Wolf Priest w/necklace, tailsmen, combi-flamer
    Blood Claws x 10 w/powerfist, meltagun
    Land Raider Redeemer w/melta (Heavy)

Wolf Guard Battle leader w/necklace, tailsmen, two wolf claws
    Grey Hunters x 10 w/powerfist, two meltagun, mark, standard

Wolf Guard Pack (Elite)
    1 x combi-flamer, power fist (Blood Claws)
    2 x combi-melta, power fist (Grey Hunters)
    Land Raider Redeemer (dedicated) w/melta

Rune Priest w/necklace, tailsmen, Jaws, Storm
    Grey Hunters x 8 w/power weapon, plasmagun, mark, standard, Rhino

Long Fangs x 6 w/two lascannon, two missle launchers, one plasma cannon, Rhino (Heavy)
    Long Fangs x 6 w/two lascannon, two missle launchers, one plasma cannon, Rhino (Heavy)

~1999pts

Entirely mech. ~46 marines in 5 vehicles. Land Raiders are tuff-enough and two of them should be one two many... Longfangs can shoot and move, are lash-proof (kinda) and should generally be able to shoot back after thier rhino is popped. They can come along easier to provide fire-support for whats inside the land raiders. Can deploy long fangs and have empty rhinos to follow land raiders (not sure if this is a good thing or bad yet.)

Have variants swapping one or two predators or vindicators with the long fang units - truely lashproof and high av, but two targeting on long fangs while on the move seems like a cool utility-blade-type-thing. I also love and miss wolf scouts but truly no room at 2000pts.

At 2500 can easily do Wolf Guard land raider trick again to add a 3rd heavy option, wolf scouts, and even a 2nd runepriest/GH unit. Points are available in the extra long fangs. Please tell me what you think

Last edited by ShotDownMind; March 11th, 2010 at 06:14.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Looks solid, though I'm not quite sure why you'd take the Blood Claws when, for the same price, you could have equally many Grey Hunters for the same price with better stats and options, though the addition of the Wolf Priest and Wolf Guard with a fist makes the unit at least slightly better. Also, you'd be surprised how nasty empty Rhinos can be. It's not just once or twice that I've seen a well-timed tank shock settling an entire game.

I'm not entirely sure if I've understood you correctly, but if the Long Fangs move they won't be able to fire heavy weapons during that turn, so you're far better off sticking them to high ground and/or cover and letting them just blast away throughout the game instead of having them cruise along the Grey Hunters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a thing for Blood Claws + Wolf Priest. Long fangs can shoot from a Rhino that moved 6" - two of them anyways, at different targets if desired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by yenhoi View Post
    I have a thing for Blood Claws + Wolf Priest. Long fangs can shoot from a Rhino that moved 6" - two of them anyways, at different targets if desired.
    Yeah, I wish that was true too. Alas no, they can't do that. Rulebook page 66 states that the unit shooting from a transport counts as moving if the vehicle itself has moved. Page 29 on the other hand tells that a heavy weapon may not be fired if the unit has moved.

In short: Rhino stays stationary = two can shoot (but why would they? That's wasting 2-3 perfectly good heavy weapons). Rhino moves = the heavy weapons cannot shoot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what about the Rhinos value as backup for land raider passengers?
    As for shooting from the Rhino with LF - I thought i picked up the idea at YTTH, guess I got that one wrong.

The Land Raider as dedicated elite transport works right?

Could do some swaps to make the Rhinos into Lazerbacks, same kinda idea overall, maybe assault cannon razerbacks with hunter killer missles?

thanks!
    Last edited by ShotDownMind; March 12th, 2010 at 03:09.

+ Reply to Thread