<1000 600pts schools league list 2nd attempt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

600pts schools league list 2nd attempt

Hi im going to the schools league in warhammer world on the 16th of March and as my other list was quite shocking i tryied again and here it is ......[Drum role please]........

• CCS: lascannon,gluncher
    • PCS:Autocannnon,gluncher
    • squads w/ 2 rockets luncher[one each unit]
    • HWS- 3Heavy bolters
    • HWS-3 Autocannons
    • PCS: 2 meltaguns
    • 2squads
    5 Rating snipers

Any comments please leave and any suggestions please leave too....... Also any tactical advise Im hopeless with that department.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this looks a bit better! ^^

CCS:
    Looks decent, i'd equip theese with 2 GLs though, or thtrow in a Standard.. You're playing infantry so it'll be needed ^^.
    Otherwise i'd take a AC to, not that fond of LCs on such soft targets.

PCS 1:
    Nice, give them a second GL and you're good to go. I'd myself kit them all out with GLs or Flamers though, for supportive fire.

Squads 1:
    I'd give theese guys a GL each to, otehrwise quite ok. AC/ML is a personal choice really ^^
    Consider grouping them.

HWS:
    Oh, no, no, no. HWS are a huge no, no. Theese guys will be gunned down so quickly that you don't believe it. Multi-lasers even Insta-kills theese guys!
    I'd drop both of theese and add another squad with ML/GL or AC/GL.

PCS 2:
    On foot, this is useless. No tank ill let you get close. Get them a quad of GLs or Flamers, for support.

Squads 2:
    Why? Find the pts to kit theese guys out like the others, or with AC/GL.

Ratlings:
    Realy, in this pts level, a waste of pts. Throw in an extra 15pts and you have a Marbo for gods sake! ^^

Now, one of your main problems are going to be to stay in line and taking care of tanks. I'd consider switching the CCS for a Lord Commissar to keep your troops in check.
    I suggest something in the line of this, since you seem to refuse to include any kind of armour in your list, even though a lot is against my principles:

Lord Commissar

Marbo

PCS
    4 Grenade launchers

Infantry Squad
    Missile launcher
    Grenade launcher

Infantry Squad
    Missile launcher
    Grenade launcher

PCS

4 Flamers

Infantry Squad
    Autocannon
    Grenade launcher

Infantry Squad
    Autocannon
    Grenade launcher

505pts, leaving 95pts

Now, your main problem is the lack of AT. Since you don't seem to want to use the list I gave you last time (which was a good one, I can tell you), I can tell that tanks don't roll well with you. The Demolisher is really THE thing you should have. But, if you persist on only using infantry, you'll have to be forced to either foot slog meltas (which against an experienced player will NOT work) or field masses of Lascannons in Infantry or Veteran squads (which isn't an all that good idea either, since they are very vulnerable platforms for AT).

You do claim you're hopeless in the tactics department, and that shows in the list. It seems as there's no real plan with it except for "Stand, shoot an dhope for the best".
    You're lacking things to reliably take down anything AV14, so if anyone brings a Russ or a Raider, you're simply dead, the 2 Meltaguns in your original list won't save you.
    How about we do like this, there are a few things, every list need, and i'll list them here, and you just try and work theese into your list, ok? ^^

Long range AT: Every list need the ability to take down Transports and such at long range, before they reach your lines, forcing the troops inside to foot slog.
    Suitable weapons here are Autocannons, Lascannons, Missile launchers.
    Also the ability to take down high T and AS targets fall here, like MCs and Terminators. Here weapons like Lascannons, Missile Launchers and Demolisher shells work well.

Short range AT: Here often falls the capability to take down high AV targets like Russes and Land Raiders. Also Terminators and MCs fall here.
    Suitable weapons here are Meltas and, well, Meltabombs or Demolisher Cannons.
    For Terminators and MCs, Plasma guns work quite well, just like everything above (except Melta bombs). Also Demolition charges work quite nicely against Terminators, especially in the hands of Marbo.

Long range anti-infantry: The ability to take down infantry over a range, and hopefully deny them a cover save.
    For normal killing here falls: More or less any blast weapon with a range of 24" or more, and Demo-carges in the hands of Marbo.
    For cover denial killing: Inferno Cannons and Eradicators.

Short range anti-infantry: Here are in genreal things that kill the enemy up close, and in some cases deny them cover.
    For normal killing: Just about anything with a good amount of shots or a blast, be it Lasguns, Heavy Bolters, Battle Cannons, Demolisher shells, demolition charges, shotguns, flamers, inferno cannons etc.

Theese, are the general things you need. Just take a look at the list and think about it ^^

Cheers and good luck ^^
    http://refraintofsanity.blogspot.com/
    -"Oh God, this is going to take a while..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kk i can saee your point the only reason i want to use men is cozz ive just paint like 20 of the in a month for this torney but if i take out the HWS and something and put a russ or a demolisher in there but it deducts a lot of horde killing though....i have a eradicator russ patten
    Last edited by captin steve; March 11th, 2010 at 22:55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Demolisher will surely NOT reduce your horde killing. Replacing the HWSs with it is a good choice. The absolutely simplest change for your list would be to take away both HWSs and the Ratlings and then throw in a Demolisher.

There are still other things in the list I thought you should change, but, with the least amount of effort for greatest effect, take away the HWSs and Ratlings and replace with a Demolisher. This will give you both Anti-horde (although abit overkill) and anti-tank.

Cheers ^^
    http://refraintofsanity.blogspot.com/
    -"Oh God, this is going to take a while..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awsome ii will do that thanx for all your help

+ Reply to Thread