<2000 Black Dragons 2000pt. List (Using New Blood Angels Codex) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Dragons 2000pt. List (Using New Blood Angels Codex)

Alright everyone looking over the new Blood Angels Codex really got me wanting to run an army i have been wanting to do for a long time: The cursed founding Black Dragons Chapter found in the 2004 Chapter Approved. The fluff of the Dragons (primarily that bone blades grow out from their foreheads, forearms and elbows) and the fact they tick off the inquisition made them prime choices for my marine army. This is a first attempt using the new Blood Angels Codex so bear with my it probably will change in the Future:

HQ:
    -Astorath

TROOPS:
    Dragon Claws Squad (Death Company)
    -x15 Dragon Claws
    w/ x15 Power Weapons, x3 Infernus Pistols, Jump Packs

Assault Marine Squad
    -Sergeant w/ Infernus Pistol, Melta Bombs
    -x6 Assault Marines
    w/ x1 Melta Gun

Assault Marine Squad
    -Sergeant w/ Infernus Pistol, Melta Bombs
    -x6 Assault Marines
    w/ x1 Melta Gun

-Death Company Dreadnought
    w/ Hvy Flamer (instead of Storm Bolter)

FAST ATTACK:
    -Baal Predator
    w/ Flamestorm Cannon, Side Sponser Heavy Flamers

-Baal Predator
    w/ Flamestorm Cannon, Side Sponser Heavy Flamers

TOTAL POINTS: 1998

Small, elite and very assaulty exactly what i was looking for. Tell me what you all think as i went for a smaller list because im going to be heavily converting these guys, all comments, opinions and ideas welcome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

That death companies going to be a priority target, which is fine but jsut make sure you utilise this (hide them to make them harder etc etc). Do the dreadnoughts have multi-meltas (don't knwo if new BA are different). If so then there a bit short-ranged and have no way to get that fire power to the enemy. Either a longer-range weapon or a drop pod could help (if BA can you could give the drop pod(s) locator beacon to allow DSing to be a good option).

I'd rather have a powerfist than meltabombs if you can find the points, more versatile.

With only 33 models in 2000pts, you're going to have to play very tactically and get your guys into assualts as fast as possible, otherwise armies like IG will munch you.

Hope my comments help. Good luck.

Now w/ English voice-over LastDinosaur's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Am I missing something or do you only have 2 squads of 6 jump marines as your scoring units..?
    And they dont even have a transport as protection..
    I'm sorry but I dont see a 2k list working in objective missions with such a weak core..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

And the 15 dragon claws (death company). I think Astorath makes them troops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are already troops in the codex. And this is just a test list as i said i will be tweaking it in the future. Im thinking about knocking the number of death company down to 10 and then adding more to my assault squads and dropping the dreadnoughts for possibly some devastator squads or vindicators for heavy support. Will update as soon as i can on any changes i choose to make.

Now w/ English voice-over LastDinosaur's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Ah.. my apologies shouldn't have commented as I haven't actually seen the BA codex myself.. I'd just heard that Death Company couldn't score, but I guess that's not true then.. Really need to pay the local a visit.. but exams are coming up soeh yea..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Unless Astorath changes something, Death Company still aren't scoring. I'd have to check Astorath's entries, but unless he makes them scoring, then you've still only got 2 scoring guys at 7 men a piece. I do think that's too few scoring units and would be problematic in the games revolving around objectives. Unless you plan on tabling your opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Too few scoring units. Consider shaving off a Dreadnought or some Death Company and investing in more Assault Marines.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

+ Reply to Thread