<2000 1750 space marines need advise for toyr - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 space marines need advise for toyr

HQ
    Librarian
    terminator armor
    (null zone, Smite or avenger) 125

TROOPS
    10x TACTICAL MARINES
    power fist
    meltagun
    combi-melta
    missile launcher
    rhino 245

10x TACTICAL MARINES
    power fist
    flamer
    combi-flamer
    missile launcher
    rhino 240

ELITE

5x ASSAULT TERMINATORS
    (3TH , 2LC)
    DEDICATED TRANSPORT LAND RAIDER CRUSADER 460

6x STERNGUARD MARINES
    power fist
    3xcombi-melta 190
    (in 2nd LAnd raider)

HEAVY SUPPORT
    1x VINDICATOR XX

1x VINDICATOR XX

1x LAND RAIDER 490
    Multimelta

SO this is the list , what you thing? its ok? VETERANS! advice me PLZ! ALL COMMENTS welcome thx!

Last edited by Sn4k3_Gr; March 16th, 2010 at 11:36.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

My first thought was that I feel two Land Raiders to be too many for a 1750 game. Give the Sternguard a Razorback and you'd have enough points for an ten-man Assault Squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm....maybe you are right but 2 land raiders provide cover to my 2 rhinos + the 2nd land raider has 2twin linked lasscannons which i need vs Antivehicles, maybe razorback with lasscannons would be usefull but i low my armor of my army what you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big thought if this is for a tourney use terminator chaplin with assualt marines.... nothing can stop assualt marines with a chaplins ability. Yes null zone can be nice and avenger but...... chaplins ability directly upgrades the squad.

Next thing im a fan of vindicators but they could be alsome for you or be a point sink i dont run em in tournments because the weapon can be destroyed pretty easy or made unusable.
    Space marines 6 dread army Wins: 4 ties:2 Loses:7 Modified Standard nilla marines Wins:37 Ties:8 Loses 42 Daemonhunters Wins:3 Ties:0 Loses:1 Full assualt concept army wins: 6 Ties: none Loses: 2

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Sn4k3_Gr View Post
    maybe razorback with lasscannons would be usefull but i low my armor of my army what you think?
    Out of the two, stick with the LR. The RB just isn't tough enough to be your main anti-tank vehicle.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DHNEWBIE View Post
    Big thought if this is for a tourney use terminator chaplin with assualt marines.... nothing can stop assualt marines with a chaplins ability. Yes null zone can be nice and avenger but...... chaplins ability directly upgrades the squad.

Next thing im a fan of vindicators but they could be alsome for you or be a point sink i dont run em in tournments because the weapon can be destroyed pretty easy or made unusable.
    For the vindicators you are right, But i dont ex-change librarian.... Dont forget he has hood..... 24'' negates psychic... so many eldars,,,... tyranids... +++

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so guys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd agree with dropping the 2nd landraider in favour of a razorback, 1 landraider in 1750 is slighly overkill but can work, but 2 is way too much
    sure its formidable, but all they have to do is have 2 lucky melta shots and thats basically half your army gone, and even without that, you dont have very many other models so numbers are lacking, and the 2nd landraider whilst its got good weapons, wont have enough time to kill very many things.

if you want some more anti-av, I'd go with a twinlinked assault cannon on the razorback, a little expensive yes, but the landraider and 2 vindis should be absorbing alot of fire for you, and a twin linked assault canon is brutal (better against armour then a twinlinked lascannon) and versatlle

I'd also reccomend at least another 10 man tac squad, you can never have enough of those guys.

thats my 2 cents

+ Reply to Thread