<2000 1500pts - New Space Marine Chapter/army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts - New Space Marine Chapter/army

Hi,

Over past couple of years I have be gradually building and painting my own Space marine Chapter (unknown name). I am am really struggling to build an army list that i am happy with and play regularly without rewriting it every week. I am looking for some feedback and help on finalise and deciding on a army list for 1500pts games.

So far this list i seem to play with the most:

HQ: Pedro Kantor - 175

Troop: Tactical Squad x10 (PW, Meltgun and Multi melta) and Rhino - 225

Troop: Tactical Squad x10 (PW, Flamer) and Rhino - 220

Elite: Assault Terminator Squad x5 (TH+SS) - 200

Elite: Dreadnought (as is) - 105

FAST: Assault Squad x10 (P Fist) - 215

HEAVY: Landraider - 250

HEAVY: Vindicator - 115

Total 1505pts

I feel this has a good balance however you could suggest it is a little fluffy. If anyone has any suggestion please feel free to build new lists. I have the following models:

Kandor, Calgar, standard captain, Chaplin and Jump pack Chaplin and captain
    x3 full 10 man Tactical squads.
    x2 full 10 scout CCW and x1 sniper 5man
    x2 devastator squad (6 Missile, 2Hbolter, 2Plasma, 2 lascannon
    x3 Rhinos, 1 Lascannon Razorback and 1 Heavy Bolter Razorback
    Landraider, vindicator, Predator (lascannons) and Whirlwind
    X2 terminator 5 man squad, x2 assault terminator 5 man (5 TH+SS and 5 LC)
    x1 assault squad 10 man, x1 vangaud 5man
    x1 Sterenguard 10 man (3melta, 2plasma)

I will look forward to your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

My first thought is that taking Pedro Kantor generally means taking at least one unit of Sternguard - part of his usefulness is making Sternguard scoring units. I'd either drop the Land Raider and take some Sternguard OR drop Kantor and replace him with a Jump Pack Chaplain and use the remaining points to spread some Powerfists and Combi-meltas around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. Kantor should be used in conjunction with sternguard squads. For the list you have, Lysander would make a better leader as the only thing you gain from Kantor is stubborn which Lysander does too I believe. (I know you don't have the model, it was a speculation).

Using the models in your collection, one way t improve it would be to remove the land raider in favour of sternguard and a rhino. This adds a (crucial) third scoring unit to the army. I would suggest not upgrading many weapons on the sternguard or you lose the benefits of the ammo. Maybe a smattering of a few combi weapons.

Also, the assault squad looks a little out of place. It lacks a supporting unit that is as fast as them, so there usefulness is slightly limited there. Maybe drop them to 5/6 with a power fist and use them as a one shot squad that runs toward the nearest nasty unit and destroys it before getting destroyed in turn. This shoukld give enough points for a devastator unit with missiles (i think)

Anyway, that's just my opinion. Hope it helps create a list that wouldn't need changing each week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Thanks for your feedback so far.

The only reason i enjoy pedro is the benifit it gives to the squad around him (+1 attack). If i have a main strike force with him into the landraider with terminators it make them a great assault unit.

The sternguard point is a good one. I forgot to mention i have a drop pod as well. I have in the past put pedro with a 10 man sterenguard and drop them first turn. Again this make for a very nasty unit on your door step. I then support them with a Rhino Rush.

I do like the stern guard i just have find them very expensive. I think i will keep testing with them and see how i get on.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread