<1000 1650pts Bike and Mech mix - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1650pts Bike and Mech mix

Captain
    Bike
    Relic Blade

4 Bikes
    2*Plasmas
    Attack Bike with HB

4 Bikes
    2*Meltas
    Attack Bike with MMelta

10 Tactical Marines
    Lascannon and Flamer
    Rhino

10 Tactical Marines
    Plasma Cannon and Melta
    Rhino

2 Landspeeder Typhoons

2 Landspeeder Typhoons

Vindicator

Dozer Blade

Vindicator
    Dozer Blade

Dakka Predator

I haven't play tetsed it yet, but interested to know if people think the bike and mech mix will work or bomb.

Any and all comments on the list welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I find with mech and bike lists, you need to pick a theme and stick with it. Half and half never seems to work well for me.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by navyleon View Post
    Captain good
    Bike
    Relic Blade

4 Bikes
    2*Plasmas
    Attack Bike with HB I would take flamers or meltas as your vindicators and typhoons can take MEQs, your choice though

4 Bikes
    2*Meltas
    Attack Bike with MMelta fine

10 Tactical Marines
    Lascannon and Flamer no lascannons, they're not point efficient, also I found that powerfists can be helpful (or at leas power swords)
    Rhino

10 Tactical Marines
    Plasma Cannon and Melta fine, again maybe a powerfist
    Rhino

2 Landspeeder Typhoons good

2 Landspeeder Typhoons might as well split the squad into one each sa you have the fast attack slot. Stops immobilized being evil and allows you to fire at seperate targets

Vindicator

Dozer Blade no need for dozer blade really, its not a transport

Vindicator same and well done making sure you had 2
    Dozer Blade

Dakka Predator personally I don't like it, but it does mince guard, eldar and some tyranids
    Second what realitycheque said as well, the army won't sync very well as they're is too much variety in speed and job. For space marines, versatility essential, variety bad. Could hold its own but won't be ULTRA-competitive.

Whats your tactics with this list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1650 Is a crappy point range. I play a mech/bike list many times at 2k. It is somewhat like this:

Captain w/ relic and SS
    Bike

Tactical w/ PF, MG, PC
    Razorback w/ TL HB

Tactical w/ PF, MG,PC
    Razorback w/ TL HB

Tactical w/ PF, PG, HB
    Drop Pod

Bikes x4 w/ Attack bike w/ MM
    PF, 2x MG

Bikes x4 w/ Attack bike w/ MM
    PF, 2x MG

Dreadnaught w/ MM, HF
    Xtra Armor
    Drop Pod

Dreadnaught w/ MM, HF
    Xtra Armor
    Drop Pod

Vindicator

Vindicator

Thunderfire

I know it sounds whacky, but it works. The podding dreads put pressure on them early, my razorbacks head to objectives while my combat squads and thunderfire lay down fire. The vindicators and bikes advance to position. Turn two, alot of hurt is going down on the enemy. Even though the thunderfire is so stationary, it always does well and when it gets targeted it saves my vindicators from being shot, and then when it dies the tech is around. Third pod w. marines goes down as needed.

Hope this inspires a bit. I think the landspeeders are a nice addition but do cause your tansports to be left behind the rest of the army. Maybe try pods dropping in the middrange while your bikes turbo the first turn. I find my bikes do more damage shooting then in CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice guys.

So 2/3 says it won't work. Reckon i might give it a try once or twice and if it doesn't work i'll know i was warned.

@Sancraer: I can't really understand why you say Lascannons aren't points efficient. At 10pts, they surely are? Wrt the Vindicators, i tend to think that the Dozer blade is essential. With the limited range of the Demolisher cannon, i don't want to waste any movement driving around terrain.

@Psybilliah: Thanks for the advice. I'll look into the Dreads and drop pods. I plan to use my Speeders more for long range fire support, so hopefully, everything won't run away from my transports.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x2)

Lascannons right.
    So lets say we have 6 turns and you manage to find a target every turn.
    So thats 4 hits.
    Lets say we have an AV11, 2 AV12s, and an AV13 targets.
    AV11: Probs penetrate
    AV12: Probs one penetrate and one glance
    AV13: Probs one glance and one nothing

So with 2 penetrates and 2 glances we have a fair chance at doing some hurt on vehicles.

However, this assumes that you stay still, survive all 6 turns, get 6 turns in the game, have unobscured targets all game; have no fast vehicles claiming saves, etc etc.
    At 10 pts its efficient but lets consider the other options.

Missile launcher: one less strength so probably one less result on that table. however it has the versatility to attack troops as well as vehicles. Also they cost nothing so you shoudn't be as afraid to move them when necessary.
    Plasma cannon: Not really a vehicle hunter, however it demolishes MEQs, like completely.

With the melta/typhoons already in your list, I'd probably go with the missile launchers just for some more versatility, or PCs if you expect lots of MEQs.
    However it is just my opinion, so do what you feel good with.

Vindicators, I see this commonly occuring. Right, lets examine the facts.
    The deployment zone for pitched battle is 24", and corner deployment (sorry forgot name) can be less. DoW can sometimes be more.
    The vindicator has 30" range, as it can move 6 and then fire.
    All armies (except some) IG in 40k tend to want to get at least within 24" of you and so get confused by the vindicator scaring them. With long-range IG to get close you move 12". So most of the time the "short" range isn't a problem. Especialy as a lot of boards are 4X4, so if 24" can always cover a flank, or if its right in the middle: most of the board.
    Also, immobilisation is only 1/6.

In summary its a nice upgrade and can be helpful, but is ultimately a points filler, and one that you do not need.

Hope this helps you understand my comments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sancraer View Post
    Lascannons right.
    Haha! This comment just made me crack up. I can just see you sighing at having to explain this to another slow kid. I see your point wrt to the Lascannons. I just think that when that one less penetrate roll is on a Hammerhead or LR or whatever, i'm gonna kick myself for not paying that 10 pts. But i suppose versatility is the key.

The other dicision i'm struggling with is Plasma vs Flamers on the second squad of bikes. I realise most people will say Flamers, but i wonder if this list doesn't already have enough anti-horde and i would prefer that squad to stand off the enemy a bit. They still have to stay alive to capture objectives after all.

Any comments?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x2)

Plasmas good, and will help against MEQs and even a bit against hordes. Its similar range to the bolters and the relentless rules also helps. However, a bike with a plasma weapon is an expenisve model, and so overheating will hit you hard.
    Looking at the list I'd go flamer as they will really help demolish that massive squad. You already have a plasma cannon and 2 vindicators who should be fine with termies etc. Also, this would work well with the dakka pred: flaming a squad and then mopping up any survivors.

Hard to choose, really depends on your opponents. Plasma is probably more versatile and so would normally be my main choice. But that versatility costs you points and durability. Have a go with both and see which helps more, I also can't actually decide.

The lascannon phrase was a mix between a sigh and a determined, lets try and write this so it makes sense. Anyways, I find it rewarding to help people with things like this, especially as they sometimes change my opinion on these things.
    Just to back it up, if there is a landraider then you have the melta bike squad to take care of it and vindicators as backup.

+ Reply to Thread