<1000 New Player w/ 1500pt Salamander list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    26 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

479 (x8)

New Player w/ 1500pt Salamander list

New player here with about half my army built. I'm trying to finalize a starting list before I go out and buy up the rest of the units. Some of the units I've picked up, I grabbed because I thought they were cool (ie: the thunderfire cannon), but mostly I'm just trying to field a list that's semi-competative in friendly games. So I'm open to suggestions to alternative units I should go out and buy.

The list as follows:

190 - Vulkan He'stan

180 - Ironclad Dread w/ DCCW+Heavy Flamer, Seismic Hammer+Meltagun, Drop Pod
    180 - Sternguard (5) w/ Combi-Meltax2, Combi-Flamerx1, Razorback

235 - Tac Squad (10) w/ Meltagun, Multi-melta, Powerfist, Rhino
    235 - Tac Squad (10) w/ Flamer, Missile Launcher, Powerfist, Razorback
    230 - Tac Squad (10) w/ Flamer, Multi-melta, Powerfist, Rhino

70 - Land Speeder (1) w/ Heavy Flamer, Multi-melta
    70 - Land Speeder (1) w/ Heavy Flamer, Multi-melta

100 - Thunderfire cannon

Total: 1490

I believe that leaves me with about 10 points that I'm not sure what I should really do with. I figure I'll just give one of the tac sgts a combi-flamer and call it good.

The notion I had would be that the Thunderfire cannon and a combat squad with missile launcher would hang out at home base while the rest of the units would charge forward. Vulkan would ride in a razorback with the second half of the tac squad.

I'm concerned about leaving the ironclad alone with his drop pod in enemy lines for a turn, but I'm thinking that maybe with him there, the ironclad might be able to pop a tank and draw just enough fire to let everyone move forward unhindered. Would it be better to swap out the sternguard for a matching ironclad? Though at this point I would also have to find the points for a third drop pod, so it might not be worth it in that sense.

I'm also unsure of whether I should leave the land speeders as individuals or put them together. I suppose that's one of those decisions I'll just have to determine each time I deploy.

And that's my thoughts. Let me know if I'm on the right track or if you feel there's something that I'm missing.

2. Remove Advertisements

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

89 (x2)

Looks pretty solid. You have enough anti tank, and enough anti hoard. Looks balanced and fun to play with.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

+ Reply to Thread