<1000 [1500 point] SOB /GK, combined army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500 point] SOB /GK, combined army

A first attempt for a SOB /GK, combined army , 1500 points, reasonably efficient, but still relax to play ( not THE Tourney one)

this is DH allying GK.

tactics :
    • GK holding back to use the 24 inches superiority as long as possible, just closing at the end in CC,
    • the SOB ailing in the rhinos,( the rhinos possibly slicing the table in two by providing cover)

( not so sure : much AT power, and not so sure abouth how to use the canoness, possibly hunting vehicle)

Troops: Grey Knights (8#,)
    7 Grey Knights [OM]
    1 Grey Knight Justicar [OM]

Troops: Grey Knights (8#, )
    7 Grey Knights [OM]
    1 Grey Knight Justicar [OM]

Troops: Battle Sisters Squad (11#,)
    9 Battle Sisters Squad plus one superior
    Bolter (x7); Meltagun (x1); Heavy Flamer; Mount in Rhino

Troops: Battle Sisters Squad (11#,)

9 Battle Sisters Squad plus one superior
    Bolter (x7); Meltagun (x1); Heavy Flamer; Mount in Rhino

HQ: Canoness (1#, )
    Jump Pack; Master-crafted weapon; Melta Bombs; Inferno Pistol (x1); Power Weapon (x1)

Heavy Support: Exorcist (1#, )

Heavy Support: Immolator (1#, )

Fast Attack: Seraphim Squad (10#),
    9 Seraphim Squad
    1 Sister Superior

Fast Attack: Dominion Squad (6#,)
    4 Dominion Squad
    Bolter (x2); Meltagun (x2)
    1 Sister Superior
    1 Immolator
    Twin Linked Heavy Flamer; Extra Armor

Total Roster Cost: 1499

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had typed a longer reply out and then it got deleted so this ones a little shorter.

the seraphim squad seems to be lacking

put some GKT inplace of a PAGK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the reply ! sorry for your lost effort.

what do you means by "the seraphim squad seems to be lacking" ?
    Last edited by ltaesch; March 26th, 2010 at 10:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

they are lacking in special weapons. Inferno pistols, or even hand flamers.

I'd switch the Dominions to be Celestians.

I'd drop the Seraphim down in size, and put at least an Evisc. on the VSS... if you're going to run Seraphim. I personally think a 3rd Sisters squad in rhino or more Celestian squads would be better.
    I'd also find the points to get a 2nd Exorcist. (cutting the Seraphim down would do that.)
    check out Farmpunk's blog:
    the Back 40k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are going to use Dominions, load them with 4 specials. Otherwise, the equivalent Celestian squad is cheaper. (Or more scoring SOB troops).
    I prefer having a Book of St Lucia on most/all of my VSS's. Enough to get decent board coverage.
    Seraphim should be taken with 2 specials, specialized to whatever role they have. VSS is suggested for Simulacrum, especially for smaller squads.
    Exorcist > Immolators. 48" heavy can be considered vital to round out an otherwise mid-short range army.
    Move a GK unit to fast for the -option- of deep strike.
    Unsure about GKT effectiveness overall, but can be fun to field regardless.
    Canoness - Cloak of 2+, Blessed Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Melta Bomb, Jump Pack for a somewhat minimal loadout.

All suggestions, some would require point cutting elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks a lot for your feedback !

hm, if I trim down a PAGK to 6, can they come in an immolator ? ( so they are faster in the midtable,). ? same question with 10 in a rhino ? ( of course not their, but using some others)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feedback from First Tourney Yesterday : 2 Victory, 1 minor Defeat. Could have been worse after 3 years inactive and a new army.
    • First was a Space wolf , mainly foot slogging and , Take and Hold, Fog of War. the 10 unit PAGK were holding my obj on right flank under cover , the second 6 unit PAKG rushed in a immolator his left flank obj. ther ret of the army came later by the center. He massively deployed on the right .Saillant points: The right GK kept on withdrawing back and center, denying charge , staying on cover. When assaulted by a horde of dogs, they slained them , no loss, as the dogs did not had initiative. Later an immolator having lost his weapon tank charged the second hord, that lost the CD test, and withdrawn from the table. At the end, his army proved mainly useless by being denied. Major Mistake: rushing my 6 GK out of the immolator under the rapid fire of 10 SM. 4 loss. Silly Wont do it again, especially there was no hurry to get there. Good point: Tank charge empty useless Rhino, or use them as mobile curtain. great to protect the exorcist from lasers...
    • Second: Mechanised Guard, 2 lemans, 4 chimera, 1 AT vendetta. the special scenario gave us the capability to use a cenral weapon alternatively, F5 , PA3; Were were both too static. I missed AT capability. Got one of his Leman, his vendetta got my Exorcist when flanking, and we nothing really fancy . Major mistakes: I TP my FAGK and My seraphim and my canoness.
      Much too unprotected,. I lost the seraphim with a TP accident, the GK got caught by the F10PA1 leman. Useless, and Silly .I never TP, so missing experience. getting some :=)
    • Third : Chaos. 2 LR, full of beserks, 2 Prince Dameon . 5 objectives to take. he had 3, me 2,; we finished with 2 mine, and 2 disputed. He more or less stayed static , the LRs ON the 2 objectives, and the thirs held by a 10 CSM with one laser. I run around him, using the central blocking LOS towers , to minimise shooting, attracting his 2 PD over the towers on my side. he assaulted at my seraphims, which I did put forefront to shield, then disengaged, and he lost the Two PD in one turn under full Fire., then I contested his two central points, using my last turn advantage. No major mistakes, maybe could have used more act of faith for shooting; but was lacking AT capability for BLI 14

Overall Envisioned Changes:
    - 2 Immolator is not that useful, Maybe I consider another Exorcist, as advised, AND I take Multi melta on the left Immolator ,
    - Could a brothe captain from DH be more usful than the canoness ? but of course, AOF -2

Any other Ideas ?

The list as it was played :

Canoness, Cloack, jumpack, meltabomb, 1 inferno,
    10 FAGK
    6 PAGK in immolator
    2x 10 sisters with HF, mg in rhino ( smoke)
    5 celestine with 2 melta in one immolator, ( smoke)
    8 seraphim, with VSS, 1 inferno, 1 power weapon
    Exorcist

the envisaged list ( * changes marked):
    Canoness, Cloack, jumpack, meltabomb, 1 inferno,
    10 FAGK
    2x 10 sisters with HF, mg in rhino ( smoke)
    *10 sisters with HF, mg on foot
    *5 celestine with 2 melta in one immolator, ( smoke)
    *5 seraphim, melta with VSS, 1 inferno, 1 power weapon,
    * 2x Exorcist
    Last edited by ltaesch; March 28th, 2010 at 09:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would turn the 10 man FAGK into a 8 man troop squad so they can score and use the extra points to get the foot slogging sisters a rhino, especially if they have a heavy flamer. Rhino lets you postion this to maximum effect. Drop the melta bombs to either get another inferno pistol or an eviscerator on the seraphim squad. On your two sob squads i would go ahead and specialize them. Give one squad two melta guns and give the other a heavy flamer and flamer.
    I'm not here for the respect, just here to spread the clarity of a very complicated game

+ Reply to Thread