<1000 BA Jump Inf. with GKT allies 1750pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BA Jump Inf. with GKT allies 1750pts

Ok so some points may be off as im not sure if the reclusiarch is the same point cost as all the other BA HQ choices. First off this whole army revoles around a 10 man squad of GTK with a Reclusiarch and a SHP in termi armor takeing up 770pts. Im not sure of any thing that could take this unit on. The whole army at this point can DS and that maybe a theme I keep to them.
    HQ:Reclusiachtermi armor
    Elites:GKT x9
    Incinartor
    Brother captain
    holy relic
    chain fist
    SHP in termi armor
    Troops:
    2x Assalt squad 10 man
    meltagun
    flamer
    Vet thunderhammer infernous pistol
    SHP powerfist jump pack infernous pistol

Total 1450
    Gives me a Big 300 points to do something with and at this time im not sure what thats going to be. Any suggestions would be great. You have 3 hard as nails units able to take out any thing they come across tanks infantry all die to these squads. Ive though about dreds in drop pods with blood talons as i love them to finish off the army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

A Reclusiarch in terminator armour is closer to 160 points. Also, will the brother-captain need a chainfist if the entire squad is hitting at S7 with Furious Charge? That'll wreck any light vehicles and with a full squad can pose a threat to walkers.

No point giving sergeants inferno pistols with thunder hammers since they won't benefit from the pistol attack. It's a waste, you may as well spring for a combi-melta and abuse the extra range. And I'd drop the flamers and pick up a second meltagun on each squad; melta spam is too effective to pass up on.

The SPs are independent characters, and should be kept as cheap as possibile because in all likelihood they'll die in the first round of any assault. If you give them power fists, they won't even be able to strike back. Those ones you've got in the assault squads are clocking in at 115 points each when they could do their job just as well with just the jump pack. The only weapon I'd consider giving them is an inferno pistol, and even then just for the melta, and even then not really since I could give it to a sergeant. And even then I'd do a combi-melta, which is cheaper and better (when combined with a power fist.)

If you trim down the assault squads and the terminators a little you can easily fit in two Furiosos in pods with locator beacons, making your deep strike a whole lot safer and softening the target for you with a couple of dreadnoughts. I probably don't have to mention that you're going to get your sh*t ruined by Banshees, but I hope you have a whole lot of fun annihilating everything in front of you beforehand.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

HQ:
    You’ve got the points wrong on this chap. Otherwise he’s fine.

ELITES:
    I’m not sure you need this unit so big. It’s a bit overkill and I’m sure you can make do with 5 or 6 Termies. That will free up loads of points for other goodies and more men which you really need.
    I’d ditch the Termi Armour for the Sang Priest too. It’s expensive and if anything targets him out it will be power weapons anyway.

TROOPS:
    Looking good. I’d ditch the Hammers and replace them with Fists. They’re not much different and it will save you some points. As Poodle said, fusion pistols are a waste with fists/hammers. Go for combi weapons.

An Objective sitter would be handy. Some cheap Scouts or maybe even a Drop podding Tactical Squad. (Think locator beacons).

If you’re looking for things to spend those points on…. More troops would be a start. Objective grabbing units are key.
    You could always go for some Baal Preds with Flame Storm Cannons. These can outflank (keeping with the theme) and help you thin out the hoards and cause pain against MEQ units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Hej..

As Lord Borak says, the unit is to big, and it can be only at one place at once, so I'd split into two smaller groups and get just Psychic Hood for the BC.
    Why don't you try to have two GKT-BCs with Psychic Hood & 3 GKTs and the SHP attached in a LR or LRC that you get from small Assault Squads?
    That's like 2 times: 244 for the GKTermies, 50 for SHP and 250 for the LR so only about 1100 points for that part, should give you enough smaller squad troops with the rest of the points?
    + We are changer, we are danger // Fallen angels, yet stranger +
    + WIP CSM & DH Exorcists in the making +

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree the squad may be to big. I have the chain fist incase i come up aginst big armor or a soul grider as the reg attacks cant kill it. As far as the SHP in termi armor its so he can ds with the termies. Why are infernous pistols useless with a hammer or fist? sure you are already into assault range but its still a melta gun and the combi weps only get that one melta shot. I should mention i would like to just stay with infantry with this army. I have concidered a LR or a LRC but for the simple fact i dont really want to run tanks i havnt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Lunhill View Post
    Why are infernous pistols useless with a hammer or fist? sure you are already into assault range but its still a melta gun and the combi weps only get that one melta shot.
    The inferno pistol is basically a meltagun with half as much range and the only reason it costs five points more is because it has the "Pistol' quality, letting you use it in close combat with another weapon to gain an extra attack. Power fists and thunder hammers can only ever get that extra attack from another power fist or thunder hammer, which is why when you give your Sergeant a power fist you give him a combi-weapon or a bolter as well because he doesn't need the pistol at all and can benefit more from the extra range of the bolter.

Granted, a combi-melta is only one-shot, but to be perfectly honest you're only going to get one shot off before getting locked in assault, and it has twice the range of the inferno pistol - something very valuable when deep striking, because you can't guarantee that you'll land within 6''. And you need to be extremely close to gain the extra d6 from the inferno pistol because of its shortened range. It's great on characters and expensive assault units because it gives them an anti-tank option while maximising their attacks, but for PF sergeants, the combi-melta will do you better. You're really paying more for an inferior gun with no noticeable benefit.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so after a reworking.
    HQ:
    Reclusiarch termi armor

elites
    9x GKT
    BC
    holy relic
    chainfist

SHP termi armor
    795 total

troops:
    2x assalt squad 10 stroung
    meltagun x2
    vet with power fist Combi-melta
    SHP jump pack

225 each

That gives me 505 pts to play with and without a codex im not sure what to put in yet.
    Last edited by Chaos_Lunhill; March 29th, 2010 at 11:20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

2x assalt squad 10 stroung
    meltagun x2
    vet with power fist Combi-melta
    SHP jump pack

225 each
    Um? Those are not 225 points each. Not even close. 10 man AS with 2 meltas, powerfist, combimelta, and a Sang priest w/JP attached is 320 by my count. That puts you at 1435 total provided that your points for the big death star squad are right.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Okej, no tanks, so that's deepstriking in that case.
    But if you'd deepstrike 11 models that takes some space (and what about mishap!?)

I'd really change the 9 GKTs into something else, like 2 smaller squads both a seperate SHP.
    And I'd add a Psychic Hood to the BC just in case.

And regarding the Holy Relic, do you really need that in that big squad:
    41 Attacks? 31 attacks should do the trick.
    + We are changer, we are danger // Fallen angels, yet stranger +
    + WIP CSM & DH Exorcists in the making +

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are right my math skills were at -25 that day i guess there 325. CARRY THE ONE!. Any way, i am starting to agree with the removal of the holy relic as the chap lets them reroll any way. Im going to try to fit in 2 lib dreds with talons WoS and BL in a drop pod with locator as suggested. i have 305 to spend so droping the termies down to an 8 man squad to fit them in will prolly be what i run.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast