<1000 1500pts friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

27 (x1)

1500pts friendly

Hy, ive been a long time Eldar player, and with 5th edition i figured i might try an go SM, just to try diffent game style.

This is my 1st SM list, so every comment apreciated.

here how it goes:

Captain w/ jump pack, articifier armor, relic blade
    command squad w/champ, banner, power weapons, melta gun in a razorback(TL AC)

Tactical w/ meltagun, PC, in a Rhino
    Scouts w/ Power weapon, melta bomb

Dread in a pod

Fast attack
    Assault squad w/ power weapon, combat shield
    bike squad (5 bikes) w/ 2 melta guns, 1 attack bike (MM)
    Land speeder strom w/ MM

Heavy support
    predator w/ sponsors LC

that it, i though using the Dread pod as a decoy/fire magnet while i advance with my core units, using my fast attack to support my mech advance. using bikes/ scout in the skimmer to cover my flank/objective.

nothing fancy yet but i wanna try it out seem to have good CC and shooty power even though short range, can still punch a hole in a lot of targets if i place my troops right.

what u season SM'ers think?

2. Remove Advertisements

Burlington Vermont
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

7 (x1)

First of, welcome to space Marines, as a former Eldar player I was similarly drawn for a different feel. My first comment, would be you definitely dont have enough troops, at 1500 you want as least 3, is really just asking for problems especially with scouts. I would only take 1 HQ at 1500, especially with Space marine's. My personal feel is Bikes offer more survivability than jumpers, and are just better rounded. Turbo Boost is wonderful. That being said, I would take one or the other. In the Tac Squad I would just stick with the free ML, its free, and a wonderful weapon is the Plasma Cannon really worth what you have to pay vs. the Missile Launcher. Some swear by it, but I think its really a Luxury. I like to run, a HQ on a Bike with a relic Blade. and take two Bike Squads as Troops, with 1 or 2 Tac Squads in Rhino's or Dropping. A list I usually play is pretty similar to this one:

HQ 1:
    Captain (165)
    -w/ Bike, Relic Blade

Elite: 1&2
    Dreadnaught 155 (310)
    -w/ Multi Melta, Extra Armor
    -Drop Pod

Troops 1&2:
    6 Space Marine Bikers + 1 Attack Bike 250 (500)
    -2 w/ Melta Gun
    -Sergent w/ Power Fist
    -Attack Bike w/ Multi Melta

Troop 3:
    10 man Tactical Squad (235)
    -1 w/ Missile Launcher
    -1 w/ Melta gun
    -1 w/ Sergeant w/ Power Fist

-Drop Pod
    Fast Attack: 1&2: (140)
    Land Speeder 70
    -w/ 2x Multi Melta