<2000 1500pt IG current list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt IG current list

ok this is my current list built up from evrything i own except for a basilisk, demolisher and maybe 5 guardsmen? lol

HQ-
    Company Command Squad,
    4 sniper,

2 Techpriests, 2 servitors each

Troops –
    Platoon – command squad, 3 Grende Launchers, Vox
    3 squads, Vox, Autocannon, Grenade Launcher, Krak Grenades
    2 heavy weapons teams, 1. 3 mortars, 2. 3 missile launchers

2 Veteran Squads – Forward sentries, 2 flamers, Heavy flamer

Elites-
    5 stormtroopers, 2 Melta guns, melta bomb
    Guardsman Marbo

Fast Attack—
    Scout sentinel Autocannon
    Scout sentinel Autocannon
    Hellhound with Heavy Flamer, Heavy Stubber, Extra Armour

Heavy Support-
    Leman Russ Battle Tank, Heavy Stubber
    Leman Russ Demolisher Tank, Heavy Stubber

OK, just to let you guys know, the Techpriest's are there to stay. I know people don't like them on this site but they ALWAYS do me proud therefore I'm sticking with them. thank you.

ok so basically this is my current list, i used it last tuesday in a 2v2 game, chaos iron warriors & me Vs blood angels and tau, (yeah i know its verry odd teams but me and my ally usually ally and do pretty decent considerin im considered one of the worst players iin the store lol, but its about having fun, not winning right? ) but i took on the Tau guy mainly and he has 3 hammerheads with rail guns (And is basically the bane of my army) but i basically incinerated his whole army and popped the guns off all his hammerheads

but i was wondering what advice you guys could give me to help enhance on my list and any particular strategies to use would be great too thanks

Last edited by southernman254; April 4th, 2010 at 19:07.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ-
    Company Command Squad,
    Autocannon, sniper, medic
    Commander with bolt pistol

Autocannon is great drop the medic he is way to many points for what he is worth, bolt pistol and sniper are a waste of points.

2 Techpriests, 2 servitors each

Meh i would replace them with something else

Troops –
    Platoon – command squad, bolt pistol, power sword (officer), 2 melta guns, veteran with pistol & close combat weapon, commissar, bolt pistol power sword

Drop the melta guns and the commisar and the bolt pistols. these guys will be sitting next to your platoon and your company command so melta guns will be way out of range. if you want close combat i would switch the power weapons for power fists 5 more points to get strength 6 is definantly worth it.

3 squads, heavy bolter, sniper, krak grenades

switch the heavy bolters with autocannons becuase they can eat up light tanks like rhinos, snipers are terrbile i would replace them with grenade launchers and drop the grenades.

2 heavy weapons teams, 1- 3 mortars, 2- 3 missile launchers

i would switch these for auto cannons or lascannons preferably and sit them by your company commander who can issue bring it down 6 twin linked lascannons are a beautiful thing.

2 Veteran Squads – Forward sentries, 2 flamers, Heavy flamer, Shotguns

drop the forward sentries and give them chimeras. if you can't get chimeras switch them for more squads in your platoon or another platoon. walking they will just die really fast.

Elites-
    10 storm troopers, 2 grenade launchers, melta bomb

i would switch them to a squad of five because i assume they are deepstriking and bringing melta death in which case they will only survive 1 or 2 turns. If you want to keep them take 2 squads.

Guardsman Marbo

fun you might want to replace him though

Fast Attack—
    Scout sentinel missile launcher
    Scout sentinel lascannon

these guys need to be in squadrons in order to be effective. i would replace them with another hell hound or a vendetta.

Hellhound with heavy flamer

good needs smoke

Heavy Support-
    Leman Russ Battle Tank, Heavy Bolter sponsons, lascannon, heavy stubber, hunter killer missile

drop all the upgrades and take another one with all upgrades he wont be moving and he isn't moving he wont be denying cover or getting his own cover.

over all your list is ok basically you just have a bunch of good units but they aren't really set up to work together.

hope this helps
    Last edited by aidano; April 1st, 2010 at 18:29. Reason: quote mistake
    hope is the first step on the road to dissapointment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it does, however vets with forward sentries i find are verry effective, stick 'em in cover (theres normally at least 1 piece within range after deployment) and they have a 3+ cover save, deny enemy their +1 charge bonus, have template weapons to cut throught the cover and means chargers are often I1 i found them VERY effective,

and yes i think i will switch heavy bolters for autocannons, as for the heavy weapons teams, im actually thinking of gettin another 3 mortars tbh, i agree 6 twin-linked lascannons is awesome, so maybe i'll just drop the missile launchers for 3

the 2 sqds of 5 stormtroopers is deffonately an idea ill pcik up on, not sure on what to give them though, so far your right they drop in blow something up or kill something then die

tech priests seem to be hated on this site for some reason, mine always does me proud and repairs keeps my tanks firing but they seem sadly under-valued by mot people, i will definitely be keeping them, i mena on tuesday i stuck 1 behind a chaos vindicator wich was immobalised and my preist repaired it to keep it moving towards its goal (marines in a building, bastards! >.<) and a railgun took off the battle cannon of my leman russ which was repaired thanks to my faithull tech-adept.. plus their always good for the fluuf ^.^ lol

and actually my PCS surprisingly shot down a piranha causing havoc amoung the ranks so i think the meltaguns and commisar will be hanging around (and the closecombat guy was just coz i cudnt find another model lol)

but thank you for your advice it has deffinately been helpful to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah no problem

I'm not sure about your store but in all the doubles tournaments you can not use abilities on your allies army like using bring it down on a unit of havocs or using your tech priest to repair a chaos vindicator. I might be wrong but it is something worth looking up. I just don't find mortars affective vs most armies but if you like them. 2 squads of storm troopers will definitely work better. You should also look into getting some chimeras if you can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah im deffo working on my chimera problem. but u serious u cant 'mingle' with ur men? thats gutting!! many times have i used bring it down, or fire on my target or even INCOMING! on allied armies, like space marines. not played in tornaments their only frendly matches so i suppose the rules will differ but we work on the basis of, ur working allongside them, your going to protect them. but sometimes it just gets stupid, and we pull off sick maneovers like allied with orks, call the WAARGH! and then shout MOVE! MOVE! MOVE! on a squad of 30 boys, hehehe they get were they want to fast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah there are loads of ridiculous thing you can do when mixing army abilities

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehehe my latest idea is a tech-priest with full servitors, a ministorum priest with eviscerator, and to have lord Creed nearby to order 'for cadia' on them heheheh i dont care what you say in a charge that WILL hurt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

psst you cant you use orders on a unit that have acted in the shooting phase, you would have to use the order first, then use the WAAGH, but you cant, so it cant be done.. sorry isaac,
    and im tournement maybe not but it just says friendly unit in the guard book, and in the errata it only says you cant issue orders to an inquisitor, grey knights or SOB, so everyone else is fair game
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say drop alot of upgrades (hunter-killer missile, Sniper Rifles and Medipacks) to make room for that last demolisher. If you have to, you could drop the lascannon sentinel. I suggest giving each of the squads grenade lauchers instead of sniper rifles except for the Storm troopers which could easily be kitted out for some deep striking melta shots. I think that Marbo is a great choice as just dropping in and popping a demo pack at wome vicious special character and their retinue is sure to ruin a game for more than one opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn i thought u cudve done that waargh with the orders :/ ah well. now comment on the list you tit! lol
    thanks tyland13, helpful advice indeed and i am a fan of the suicide stormtroopers lol, and i may just wriggle my demolisher in there somewhere to add the punch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast