<2000 2500 Ard Boyz infantry list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 Ard Boyz infantry list

My plan for the Ard Boyz is to overwhelm the other armies with sheer number of troops and thus I designed a list to do just that. I also tried to use unorthodox units and army build to surprise the opponents.

HQ:
    CCS:

Creed, Vox, Regimental Standard, Grenade Launcher x2,
    Officer of the Fleet, Camo Cloaks

Elite:
    Ratling Snipers x5

Storm trooper Squad: Melta x2

Storm trooper Squad: Melta x2

Troops:
    Infantry Platoon

PCS: Bolt Pistol, Vox, Flamer x3, Krak Gernades

Squad 1: Grenade Launcher, Autocannon, Vox

Squad 2: Grenade Launcher, Heavy Bolter, Vox

Squad 3: Grenade Launcher, Missile Launcher, Vox

Infantry Platoon

Infantry Platoon

Infantry Platoon

HWS: Lascannon x3

Fast Attack:
    Armored Sentinel, Multi-laser

Armored Sentinel, Multi-laser

Rough Rider Squad, Melta Bombs, Extra Rough Rider x5

Heavy Support:
    Basilisk, Heavy Flamer

xxx

Basilisk, Heavy Flamer

xxx

Medusa, Heavy Flamer, Enclosed Crew Compartment

Total: 2503

The plan is to form a line of troops in defensible positions using the infantry squads. The platoon command squads and rough riders will counter attack and can also take on vehicles. The sentinels and basilisk will support the troops. Ratlings will pick off the multi-wound models and bug the enemy in general with pinning. Anti-tank will be provided with storm troopers, the medusa and the lascannons. Creed will hide in a spot where he can issue orders to the lascannons and provide support with the standard. Infantry squads will be combined and outflanked using Creed's special rule to get rear objectives.

In general, the enemy will be overwhelmed with the number of troops and targets. The problems will be far away objectives and the number of models to move and shot.

Any comments or criticism?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

generally speaking i like it, but a few things..

firstly your army is VERY static, with nothing really to advance with for objective games, may i suggest making a platoon dedicated to this by giving them flamers maybe? and maybe taking special weapons teams with flamers/grenade launchers for close support? also, formation wise, might i suggest keeping similar nits together? eg. instead of having 3 different heavy weapons in a platoon, have a platoon using a specific weapon; PLCS, 3X sqds with grenade launcher, autocannon and vox? mainly to tidy up the list a bit, and then also you'll have 3 autocannons, 3 heavy bolters, 3 missile launchers, 3 no heavy weapons for objectives.

2 armoured sentinels, believe it or not taking scout sentinels is generally more effective, granted their weaker but their scouts rule means they can hit the enemy where it hurts and they also gain move through cover. id recomend taking them both in a squadron and giving them lascannons, autocannons or missile launchers to help take out the tanks/heavy infantry (autocannons would be preferable because in rear armour their often strong enough, and also have more shots)

also try keeping the rats near creed or another officer, fire on my target is something you will want to use on them, i'd also advise on getting more of them.

hope that helps somewhat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Eh, I don't like it much.

You have Creed, who puts out a lot of orders and lets you outflank stuff, which is huge in a foot army, but you have nothing to really take advantage of it.

Creed rocks, keep him, but definitely build your army around what he can do.

Against tanks, Lascannons > Autocannons > everything else. LCs are the best light to medium armor busters, while autocannons come in close second and offer versatility. Take LCs and ACs and only that.

Every squad doesn't need a vox. Make the most of your orders, blob up 20-30 men and give them 1 vox. Alternatively, Kell or a Lord Com and HWS make good use of those orders.

You need a unit to grab objectives. With no tanks, that's tricky. Lucky for you, Creed can let a unit outflank. Running 40-50 dudes with power weapons, a commissar, priest, and whatever else attached would be good for it. Al'Rahem and Harker can do something similar.

Beyond that, infantry armies need to, above all thing, shoot. What you lose in mobility, flexibility and durability you must make up for in sheer unrelenting firepower. Guns, guns, guns, and more guns. Plus orders to buff them.

You must also practice deploying and moving your models. Nobody wants to play a 2 turn game, and slow playing can get you tossed, so you need to be able to play quickly to avoid that (or just getting kicked in the teeth).
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread