<1000 500 point guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 500 point guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

500 point guard

this is my 500 point guard list i'm using a lot at the moment, any comments very welcome i would like to know what "tweaks" some people would advise to make

Company Command Squad
    Autocannon
    60 pts.

Platoon command squad
    2 grenade launchers
    Auto-cannon
    Power fist
    65 pts.

Infantry squad 1
    Grenade launcher
    Commisar
    90 pts.

Infantry squad 2
    Grenade launchers
    55 pts.

Infantry squad 3
    Grenade launchers
    55 pts.

Special weapons squad
    3 flamers
    50 pts.

Veteran Squad
    2 melta guns
    Autocannon
    Camo cloaks
    130 pts.

basic plan is that the 3 infantry squads blob up and the commisar keeps them together, this unit can hold the line and act as tar-pits and even seize enemy objectives they're supported by the special weapons squad and PCS the CCS and veteran squad hold back in my deployment zone holding objectives and shooting transports etc. At the begining of the game they'll be helped by the PCS

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrkilley2900623 View Post

Company Command Squad
    Autocannon
    60 pts.

Seems a bit of a waste, but at 500 points I don't see anything wrong with it.

Platoon command squad
    2 grenade launchers
    Auto-cannon
    Power fist
    65 pts.

You seem to have given worse models better equiptment, for the same price you could have given it to the CCS. Any way I would remove the powerfist, its a waste of points that will help very little in close combat.

Infantry squad 1
    Grenade launcher
    Commisar
    90 pts.

Infantry squad 2
    Grenade launchers
    55 pts.

Infantry squad 3
    Grenade launchers
    55 pts.

These squads would benefit more from heavy weapons and a vox to take orders from the CCS/PCS(but i know points are tight so... ok.)

Special weapons squad
    3 flamers
    50 pts.

Small squad that will be shot to pieces before they get within range to use the flamers.

Veteran Squad
    2 melta guns
    Autocannon
    Camo cloaks
    130 pts.

Big points sink for 500 points, how will the meltas get into range, and why will you need them in a 500point battle? Camo cloaks are also a bit pricey.
    Depending on the rules you are playing by,chimeras and marbo are always a good thing to have in low points battles...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

so, take out the power fist and try and fit in autocannons or missile launchers into the platoon? i didn't give them heavy weapons because they're meant to be a mobile tar-pit, heavy weapons would be a bit of a waste since i'd never be able to fire them. the meltas are there to kill any armour that comes close to the objective, but i suppose its 500 points so they probably won't be needed. The veteran squad are brilliant for holding my home objective since they have a much better cover save and if they dig in then they get a 2+ cover save. Useful against bolters etc. i gacve the PCS a power fist since they'd probably be in combat and if i got a chance to strike back at least i'd do some damage the CCS will mostly be sitting back more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

78 (x3)

Autocannons are always good, but missile launchers do go quite well with grenade launchers.

Although they may have a secondary purpose as a tar pit, you can't justify the amount of points spent just for that, they have to be able to do some shooting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

flashlights... these guys can kill quite a lot with FRFSRF, il have to try and find the points for their new heavy weapons from somewhere.... 45 points is quite a bit for this level, it will also limit their mobility, can i still use them to claim objectives? I still don't see the worth in heavy weapons if that unit moves so much,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

78 (x3)

If the squad is holding a objective why is it moving? Big blob squads tend to be for sitting back and shooting, benefiting for the fact the blobbed squad only needs 1 order for all of them the be ordered.

Heavy weapons don't limit mobility, unless you want to shoot them(and you should)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

how about crossing the board and TAKING objectives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

78 (x3)

I suppose its not impossible... just a blobbed squad seem the sort of squad you want sitting on an objective and surviving the entire game if their lucky. Always good to have heavy weapons when your sitting on an objective

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

ok, the veterans are for objective sitting, and fire support however, i will give the blob some heavy weapons if i can find the points, any ideas what to remove?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

drop the special weapon squad for a chimera for your vets, how do you plan to kill a land raider at this points level with just 2 foot slogging vets? do you play at a serious level or very friendly, because last time a played 500points i took 2 lemun russ, a punisher and demolisher, and i will be honest objectives dont matter with that much firepower

you do need better anti tank however, when you drop the power fist from PCS, buy some melta bombs aswel, you can never have too much AT
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast