<1000 Balanced BA 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balanced BA 1500

Because everyone seems to be jumping on the bandwagon of mech, death company, dreads, or stormraven assault, I have decided to make a balanced, but somewhat competitive list for Blood Angels. Don't get me wrong, I like all those guys as much as the next person, but I find a balanced list can counter its weaknesses more effectively. So, here goes:

HQ:

Astorath- xxx pts

Elites:

Sanguinary Priest w/ jump pack- 75 pts

Troops:

Tactical Squad w/ 10 men, Pfist, flamer, missile, rhino- 245 pts

Death Company w/ 5 men, 2 hand flamers, Pfist, Pweapon, razorback- 215 pts

Death Company w/ 5 men, 2 infernus pistols, Pfist, 2 Pweapons, jump packs- 260 pts

Scout Squad w/ 5 men, heavy bolter, snipers, camo cloaks- 100 pts

Assault Squad w/ 10 men, 2 meltaguns, meltabombs, Pfist- 240 pts

Heavy Support:

Vindicator- xxx pts

Basically, the scouts hang in back camping objectives, death company soaks up damage, and the tactical and assault squads take objectives. Any criticism is welcome. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

I'd advise amalgamating the Death Company and getting them a rhino. DC with jump packs are too expensive; you could get a 9-man DC in a Rhino and another assault squad. You then run into the Astorath problem in that he can't get inside the Rhino, so what I'd do is save the ~90 points and get a bare-bones Reclusiarch. Your death company will do most of the killing anyway.

Here's what I'd do:

Reclusiarch - 130 points
    Sanguinary Priest - 75 points
    1x 10-man Tactical squad w/ power fist, Rhino, ML, meltagun - 250 points
    2x 10-man Assault Squad /w power fist, 2x meltagun - 235 points
    1x 9-man Death Company w/ power fist, Rhino - 255 points
    1 x 5-man Scout Squad w/ missile launcher, camo - 100 points
    1x Vindicator - 145 points

That's 1425 points, so you've got room to get a second Priest, beef up the Scout squad or trick out the DC with inferno pistols and power weapons. Personally I wouldn't take a tactical squad at all, but you said you wanted a balanced list. Still, if I was going to take them it'd be as objective sitters in place of the Scouts, who are more than a little fragile, and use the freed-up points to get a second Vindy. But you want a balanced list, so that's okay.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

+ Reply to Thread