<2000 1500 Blood Angels list troubles - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Blood Angels list troubles

Man, I'm having a lot of trouble writing up a viable 1500 point Blood Angel list. So far I've got:

-Reclusiarch (Jump Pack, Melta Bombs)

-2x10 Assault Marines (2xPlasma Pistols, Power Fist)

-1 Sanguinary Priest (Power Weapon, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs)

-6 Assualt Marines (Power Weapon, Melta Bombs)
    -Razorback (TLLC, Extra Armour, Searchlight)

-10 Assualt Marines (Power Fist)
    -LR Crusader (Multi-Melta)

That's about 1400 pts right there. I might be going overboard on the Jump Packs...Other models I have to work with are:

-All Lascannon Pred (245pts? useless in BA I think), I can also switch the turret to Autocannon
    -Dreadnaught (Assault Cannon, Flamer)
    -4 Land Speeders with Heavy Bolter/Assault Cannon
    -1 Land Speeder with Multi-Melta/Flamer
    -Razorback/Rhino/Vindicator (conversions for various guns)
    -10 Tactical marines (Missle Launcher, Plasma)
    -9 scouts with sniper rifles, one with missle launcher
    -Vanguard Veterans (straight from the box)
    -Captain modeled with powerfist and combi-melta (since you can't gain attack bonus anyway)
    -Another Sanguinary Priest with power weapon

Tons of models and no ideas. I've yet to play a game as BA or even as SM in 5th so any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also thinking of using the Razorbacks are Rhino's because then the thing is 15 points for christ-sake. I can make up the power with Land Speeder and increase target saturation. Also, Tacticals are bloody cheap now! Maybe go for more bodies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reclusiarch: Jetpack, Melta bombs-160

Sanguinary Priest: 2x Power sword, Melta bombs-140

Assault Marines: 10x plasma pistol x2, powerfist-245

Assault Marines: 5x power weapon,
    Land Raider Crusader, Multi melta-340

Assault Marines: 5x power weapon
    Razorback, tl lascannon-170

Predator: lascannon, lascannon sponsons-180

Thats 1480 with a lot of punch. Use the 20 points to match with your models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh! Its 2 lascannons on the sides for 65pts. Thank god, i thought it was a little ridiculous. Thanks, I'll play with that tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

The big problem I've run into with making a 1500 points BA list is that you end up at 1400 points with nothing to buy. Every time. It's probably because of the priests.

Couple things:

- If you're going to take a Land Raider, you'd benefit from using the Death Company. They're really quite points-efficient for footslogging assault troops since the majority of their cost is in the jump packs. You lose the discount, but everyone gets an extra attack and can re-roll hits and wounds when charging.
    - I'd recommend meltaguns on the assault squads instead of plasma pistols, or infernus pistols if you really want the extra attack. Meltaguns are cheaper, stronger and the same range; you just lose the attack. Infernus pistols have a shorter range, but you're going to be firing those things before assaulting anyway.
    - give the priests packs and stick them with the assault squads where they can benefit from FNP. I wouldn't bother giving them any gear, since they're going to die fairly quickly, but a power weapon is a power weapon.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't give at least one priest a jump pack because I figure the benefit works out of transports like a farseer in a Serpent. By this logic having a Priest in a Land Raider actually increases the range of the FnP. "All friendly models within 6" benefit..." is what the book says so nothing to say otherwise. I'll probably be using the Crusader to screen the Jump infantry anyway so it works out. Also, 50 extra points buys another priest. Just doesn't seem worth it.

As a solution to the whole "Priest dies to a fist as soon as he hits combat" thing, wouldn't it rock if the priest wasn't in the squad charging? I'm going to try and experiment with this sort of thing.

You're right about the melta and I'm converting at least one right now. The Jump packs will probably stick with Plasma pistols because I'm not going to hurt my painted models with plasma lighting effect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by powerclaw View Post
    As a solution to the whole "Priest dies to a fist as soon as he hits combat" thing, wouldn't it rock if the priest wasn't in the squad charging? I'm going to try and experiment with this sort of thing.
    The Priest has to be within 6'' of the assault for the unit inside to benefit, however. The instant they leave the bubble they lose FC and FNP.

It is a neat idea though. You're just going to have to get the LRC painfully close to pull it off.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thing I noticed is that it says "models within 6 inches" not "units within 6 inches". This means that half of a unit can have FnP while the other is more then 6"? That would make the bubble fairly tiny indeed.

Anyhow, the exact list I've got is:

Reclusiarch: Jetpack, Melta bombs-160

Sanguinary Priest: 2x Power sword, 1x Melta bombs-140 [The one in the Power Fist squad doesn't get a bomb because I was 5pts over]

Assault Marines: 5x power fist,

Razorback, tl lascannon, Extra armour, storm bolter-170

Predator: lascannon, lascannon sponsons-180

Total: 1500pts

Thanks for all the help! I'm going to try and get a game in with this list on the weekend and see how I like this list. I still have an multi-purpose Rhino hull to work with so I may take a 100pt Predator as well instead of 5 Assault marines and a pistol or something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

415 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by powerclaw View Post
    Another thing I noticed is that it says "models within 6 inches" not "units within 6 inches". This means that half of a unit can have FnP while the other is more then 6"? That would make the bubble fairly tiny indeed.
    I checked the entry and it says "all friendly units within 6.'' Where does it say models?

Assault Marines: 5x power fist,

Razorback, tl lascannon, Extra armour, storm bolter-170
    Question: why not put a 10-man squad inside the Crusader with just the one priest? Screw the Razorback and make the most of the assault vehicle rule. You could even make them death company (DC work really well in land raiders) and stick the Chaplain in there with them. That squad would basically chew up anything it hits and you don't even need the priest to assault with them; he can detach and stay inside the LR. Dropping the Razorback, the Chappy's jump pack and the second priest nets you enough points for a second Predator with some left over if my math's right.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Reclusiarch - 130 points
    1x Priest (power sword?) - 60 points
    2x 10-man assault squads with meltas (or plasma) - 470/490 points
    1x 10-man death company with fist - 225 points
    LRC - 250 points
    2x predator of your choice - ~300 points

That's 1455 points, so you've got room to move with the predators. The whole thing would basically be centered around the LRC, since the assault squads need to hang close to it, but at 1500 points it should be hard to kill. Even harder if you have two Predators roaring up the flanks. Move the LRC up close, assault the DC and the Chaplain out of it, back them up with the assault squads (which are hopefully close enough to the LRC to get FC and FNP) and cut out the centre of the enemy's army. So long as the LRC manages to get close (which is a big if) it should be impressive to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one issue with the list above is I have neither Death Company nor a walking Chaplain. Its bad enough that I'm not using a Blood Angels army per se (the colour scheme is black, red, white so close enough).

How about this:

-Reclusiarch: Jetpack, Melta bombs-160
    -Sanguinary Priest: 1x Power sword, 1x Melta bombs-70
    -Assault Marines: 10x plasma pistol x2, powerfist-245
    -Assault Marines: 5x powerfist-245
    -Assault Marines: 8x power fist,
    Land Raider Crusader, Multi melta-404
    -Assault Marines: 6x power weapon, Melta Bombs
    Razorback, tl lascannon, Extra armour, storm bolter-218
    -Predator: lascannon, lascannon sponsons-180
    -Predator: Heavy Bolters-100

Total: 1502pts

As an added bonus, this list is all painted except for the Priest, Razorback assualts and Predator Autocannon/HBolter turret. The reason I hesitate to scrap the Razorback squad is I like having 4 troops. This 6-man squad has enough punch to be useful and is small enough to be delegated to holding objectives. I can also do this by dropping Razorback squad, taking 5 scouts (4 snipers, 1 missile) and bringing the Assault squad back to 10.

Either way I think I have the hang of writing this sort of list now. Thanks again for the help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast