<2000 2500 pts Descent of Angels-Just for kicks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

2500 pts Descent of Angels-Just for kicks

A couple friends of mine wants to test out theirhard boyz list thought it would be fun to try this out. The idea is use descent of angels to try and get majority of army in at same time

reclusiarch is with death company, ssault squads will probable combat squad and keep the 2 meltas in a single squad. vanguard land come down and mess things up.

dante goes down with the honor guard to roast something, be it land raider or infantry, I noticed that you can replace both the boltgun and his chainsword with one of thsoe weapons, so I thought I'd make a dedicated fire support unit, especially since flamers are so cheap.

Dunno how effective this will be, I think it's better than a drop podding list because if the enemy reserves everything too, than I'll be able to control my forces better. I think it'll be fun

Commander Dante

Reclusiarch w/jump pack
    -155-

Sanguinary Guard
    3 infernus pistols, 2 powerfists
    -250-

Sanguinary Guard
    2 inferus pistols, 1 power fist
    -230-

10 Assault Marines
    powerfist, 2 meltas
    -235-

10 Assault Marines
    powerfist, 2 meltas
    -235-

Death Company x12
    Jump packs, 2 power fists, 2 power weapons
    -500-

Vanguard x8
    sgt w/power weapon, 2 models w/storm shields, 2 models w/power fist, 2 models w/melta bombs
    -295-

Honor Guard
    4 meltaguns, 4 flamers, Jump packs
    -225-

Sanguinary Priests x2
    jump packs
    -150-

Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Am I correct in reading 4 meltaguns and 4 flamers on that HG squad? You're giving up the close combat weapon attack for guns that you'll never be able to use at the same time. This is in a five-man squad with an expensive HQ unit that cannot survive sustained shooting. Making them a dedicated shooting unit wastes Dante and wastes the embedded Priest. Take infernus pistols, knock out a tank the turn you arrive, and then assault something with them. Otherwise, you'll just a) get shot or b) get assaulted and you're screwed in both scenarios.

Okay, some other things:

- You've probably noticed that DC are ludicrously expensive with their jump packs on. They're ludicrously good, too, since Litanies of Blood makes them incredibly devastating. But they're also super expensive. See, you've paid 180 points for those jump packs, not to mention 25 for the one on the Chaplain. A Stormraven with hurricane bolters is 230 points. You'll have to drop a marine to fit them in, but you can get a squad that is exactly as effective in CC and also have a Stormraven. One that is just as fast as the packs and which shields your DC on the turn they arrive at the very least, not to mention the ridiculous firepower an SR carries. Admittedly, it's going to be lonely at 2500 points, but I still think it's better than deep striking DC who, while still benefiting from DoA, need to charge to reach their full potential.
    - Vanguard, while more useful now with DoA, are still pretty useless. One of the things I've realised about them is that compared to a DC unit with a chaplain, they're positively feeble in CC. Don't not take them, since they're only every going to be useful in a DoA list, but don't rely on them and, if possible, take two squads for redundancy and use them in conjunction with your assault squads so they benefit from the Priests. Harass shooting units, back up guys already stuck in CC; just don't expect them to rampage around on their own because frankly they can't. Especially not without priests.
    - Sanguinary Guard are pants. Pants pants pants pants. Maybe good with Dante, but you've got Honour Guard for that. Drop those two SG squads and buy two more assault squads. DoA is great because you can saturate the field with assault marines on turn 2, melta the crap out of everything and even if one or two squads gets assaulted or wiped out in shooting, you've got more. Using the expensive small marines in favour of the cheap and tough marines is a waste.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Dante with a 4 melta HG can get exactly where they need to be, within 6" of a big tank. Add a couple Storm Shields for protection and use H&R to run away as needed. Dante no likey powerfisty.

DC are ludicrously expensive. If you want to pack them, bring Lemartes. I'd much rather have RAS who can sport melta and still benefit from FNP and FC.

Sangy Guard are crazy overpriced, I'd avoid them.

VV are handy for getting that charge, but I'd kit them as more of a tie down unit. You don't want to win assault on the charge, you want to win in your opponent's turn. BFB, LC, and 2 storm shields would be plenty. Hand flamers or IP are an option if you want shooty.

No Blood Lance = sad panda.

I'd go for 2 Libbies and 2 HG, big DC with Lemartes, normal RAS, requisite SHP, and 2 smaller VV squads. That should give you plenty of bodies, melta, and punchy.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

I've actually had tremendous success with a single unit of SG in another, more balanced list of mine. Their packs and DoA allow them to choose when and where they strike, that way i can avoid things that pierce their armor. They have small enough attacks to usually require 2 rounds to defeat a unit in CC which allows them to tie up those shooting units and units without a power weapon, and their save means I rarely loose one from the strike backs. They aren't the blunt force instrument but I've learned to use them well But I want to drop one for another shooty unit of honor guard

I like the idea of the storm raven, I'm going to try it with lemartes, and add a librarian to go with dante and honor guard #1. Honestly Dante himself with his I7 on the charge will be enough CC for me, and then the Librarian can add attacks of his own, and add attacks to Dante with might of heroes but I decided to give the unit some anti-walker ability.

The vanguard's primary role will be to assault stationary vehicles that could ruin my day, after that shooting units and the like.

I'll try to hold the units until the storm raven arrives and then come in force.

The idea of the list is to use mass melta and precision deepstrike to get everyone out of their transports and then use the CC prowess of the blood angels to mop up

Commander Dante

Librarian
    Jump Pack, Blood Lance, Might of Heroes
    -125-

Honor Guard #1
    4 meltaguns, 2 flamers, 1 powerfist, 1 Storm Shield, Jump packs
    -260-

Honor Guard #2
    4 meltaguns, 3, flamers, 1 powerfist, Jump packs
    -245-

Sanguinary Priest
    jump pack
    -75-

Sanguinary Guard
    4 inferus pistols, 1 power fist
    -250-

10 Assault Marines
    powerfist, 2 meltas
    -235-

10 Assault Marines
    powerfist, 2 meltas
    -235-

Death Company x10
    Lemartes, 2 power fists, 1 power weapon
    -415-

Storm Raven
    Twin-Linked Multimelta, Twin-Linked assault cannon, locator Beacon
    -215-

Vanguard x5
    sgt w/power weapon, 2 models w/power fist, 2 models w/melta bombs
    -225-
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

What's that single Raven doing here? It's cool, but I'd rather have a RAS.

All your units are coming in turn 2/3, so your opponent will move his vehicles 12" and pop smoke beforehand, so you can't rely on popping it on the charge. Massed melta is the way to go.

I'd swap the Raven for a RAS and call it a day.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread