Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
For me Blood Angels should have Jump Packs, that's how I played them before this new codex, now I'm not sure on my standard 1500pts list, could you guys give me some comments?
Also note that I need to have a Baal Pred as I love it, same as Lemartes and the DC, and the Sang Guard, the rest is open
Not too sure on the DC Dread on a Drop Pod, but I think it would look good.
-1 Sang Priest - JP
-10 assault squad - JP - 2x meltagun - 1x powerfist
-5 assault squad - JP - 1x meltagun - 1x powerweapon
-5 Sanguinary Guard - 1xinfernus pistol
-5 Death Company Warriors + Lemartes
- 1 Death Company Dread + Drop Pod
-1 Baal pred with flamers
This list isn't bad so much as all over the place; you've gone straight for the shiny models without much thought for synergy. Plus, it could be a lot more efficiently constructed. Regrettably, it seems those things you've said are non-negotiable are what's bad about the list.
- Personal experience tells me that Baals work best in pairs at any points level over 750. Unlike a Destructor, the Baal attracts a lot of fire since its main gun is so much scarier.
- Sanguinary guard, while beautiful, are expensive and limited. At this points level, you would benefit more from an additional 10-man assault squad.
- Dante should not be taken at this points level. He's a decent HQ, but he's a big investment and belongs in large DoA lists.
- Death Company with jump packs are very expensive and hard to control and don't synch well with jump pack lists as a result. They work much better in transports (Lemartes is obviously restricted to a Stormraven, but reclusiarchs work just as well).
If you want my advice; lose the DC unless you want to play mech, lose the SG, lose Dante and get more assault squads. I know that means basically cutting out half your list, but what you've got here isn't half as cost-effective as it could be.
The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.
Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!
Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."
Thanks for this feedback ze_poodle, but I don't promise that I'll follow each of your advices ;-)