<2000 deathwatch list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: deathwatch list

leeds yorkshire england am not a yorkie though
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deathwatch list

although i kind of have an idea how i want my list to go but i want to sound out your ideas...

well first of im making a death watch army out of the vanilla codex, i had some dilema as i thought the SW codex would better fit the variety of SM you get in the novels, but they dont have speacial ammo which is obviously very death watch. I have a wide variety of models only lacking in armour really i have 3 rhinos/Rzor backs/preds etc (i can switch what i want em to be even working on how do to a whirlwind and vindi decently) i have about ten bikes and 2 Att bikes and pleanty of footsloggers with any weapons you can think of only thing i wont have is jump packs as i want them in my BA force oh also have 20 termies half Ass half normal, oh and i dont my devs either.

if anyone wants to suggest some sample lists feel free but i really want it fluffy as can be oh and its gonna be 2000 points

ill post a sample list in a little while i came up with the other day

cheers

also excuse the spelling forgot to spell check it

heres the list anyways

Deathwatch

Pedro Kantor

Chaplain
    TDA storm bolter

sternguard
    x10 - combis(probs melta)2x hvy flamer Pwr Fist rhino

sternguard
    x9 - combis(as above) 2xhvy flamer Pwr Fist rhino

terminator squad
    x5 - 1x Ass cannon

Tactical squad
    x10 - MM MG Pwr fist storm bolter razor back(hb)

scout squad
    x5 - 4xsnipers ML camo cloaks teleporter beacon
    scout squad

x5 - 4xsnipers HB camo cloaks teleporter beacon
    landspeeder typhoon
    HB typhoon launcher

bike squad
    x3 - 2x fl AB HB PF

bike squad
    x3 - 2x fl AB HB PF

im undeceided on the chaplain or should i use lysander he doesnt take anything away from kantor as he only bestows stubborn which kantor already does hes rock and he will help termies weather a storm when they land also if my opponent goes eeek and throws his whole army at him thats all good

the way i envisage it playing is rhino rushing with the three vehicles the bikes generally being a pain in the bum on the flanks and the typhoon popping up and showering missles on people the two scout squads close together for support and generally harrass the enemy ive tried to make sure i have enough of everything but it feels lacking and incomplete oh and the termies teleport in try to lay waste to something with shooting or run and hide (get in cover) and then move shoot destroy stuff .

C&C welcome infact positivly rip it apart if you need to

PS excuse the no points cost listed ive had to make this up in my head and cant remember the exact points due to my little darlings riping my codex and hiding it from me luckly i have a back up for such emergancys just got to find it

Last edited by cheeky plague; April 17th, 2010 at 01:06.
    i rock my world

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Cool idea. Not sure about the fluff though, I can't remember any stories where there have been specific Death Watch vehicles. I mean unless a whole squad was seconded to the Inquisition from a Chapter it's pretty unlikely they'd take arhino with them. Suppose you could Blag they were the Inquisition Rhino's....

I guess you're going for a list with lots of Sternguard then, Rapid strike themed but quite light on the heavy gear? Are you going to have some inducted Inquisition stuff like Inquisitor Lords and Storm Troopers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no just marines im kinda going to assume that since the inquistion god bless there souls (if they have them) have access to eveything they want so i assume they would have rhinos because they do and im sure yes sir no sir im so hard calgar would lend them a razor back its also to me a way to get pedro without people saying im spamming sternguard i like the novels i like the fluff and i like black lol tbh the way im seeing it is in the books the individual marines take there own war gear so its kinda opened it up a little although im trying hard to justify scouts since the deathwatch take only the best of the best maybe could say there storm troopers for fluff??
    i rock my world

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Well rather than saying Scouts are Storm Troopers........Just take Storm Troopers from the Inquisition books. They're cheap, can have 2 Special weapons per squad, are BS4 and they're scoring untis so they're pretty funky.

The Inquisition could petition a Marine force for help, with all their vehicles, but a pure Death watch force probably wouldn't have all the Heavy gear. Thats up to you though as it's your army. Just my take on it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dunno thatwould mean trying to get the gf to let me have more models cant see it happening tbh she keeps pointing out i havent painted the ones i got i like the idea though i might look into ita bit harder but im just waiting for my birthday on sunday when im alowed my new shiny red birthday presents if ya get me lol, hopefully i want to end up with 1 of each SM codex out
    i rock my world

+ Reply to Thread