<2000 Initial Imperial Fists Idea: would it work and what should i add? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initial Imperial Fists Idea: would it work and what should i add?

Im thinking of starting an Imperial Fists army. My main motivation is to work with bright colours and ideally i'm trying to keep it as light on vehicles as possible. The plan being to have the terminators & lysander DS in as close to the action (esp. tanks as possible) - so maybe 2 homers would help?
    My starting list is 1100, but i would be interested in taking it either down to 1k or up to 1.2k.
    Suggestions welcome

HQ
    Captain Lysander 200

Elites
    5 Terminators (4x chainfist, 1 powersword) 220
    5 Terminators (4x chainfist, 1 powersword) 220

Troops
    Tactical Squad in rhino (flamer, missile launcher, powerfist) 230
    Tactical Squad in rhino (flamer, missile launcher, powerfist) 230

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Ditch the Chain fists for a start. You shouldn't be fighting anything that really warrents the Chain fists, str8 will see you through. I'd probably take Assault terminators instead as you'll be deep striking them in to the thick of things, or take some Heavy weapons so they can at least shoot something important and vunerable on the turn you come down.

The Tactical squads are going to get hit hard. You've basically got 20 Marines in 2 light tanks Vs a whole army for a few turns at least and thats if your Termi's come down on Turn 2! They're going to get hammered. Consider some Scouts, camo cloaks, teleport homers are all good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK - if i make them into assault termis, I can use the points for 2 homers. Im still stuck with what else to have to stop all the focus being on the 2 rhinos though. i like the idea of 2 sets of termis, but dont want to have something unviable
    Last edited by pangloss; April 18th, 2010 at 14:20.

+ Reply to Thread