<1000 1000pts Hybrid - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1000pts Hybrid

Toronto, Ontario
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

6 (x1)

1000pts Hybrid

I've been mostly lurking on the forum for the better part of a year now, so I know the general drill.

At the moment I only have 2 chimeras and 2 russes, but a i have somewhere around 45 normal guardsmen with an array of special and heavy weapons(3 of almost everything). The russes need some modeling work (got them used) so I can still change them up.

The theme of the army is a hive defence force, which is a good excuse to not have to buy and transport vendettas for now.

Company Command Squad
    Autocannon Team
    2 Sniper Rifles

Guardsman Marbo

Platoon I

Platoon I Command Squad
    3 Flamers

Platoon I Squad I
    Autocannon Team
    Grenade Launcher

Platoon I Squad II
    Autocannon Team
    Grenade Launcher

Veteran Squad I
    3 Plasmaguns
    Chimera Transport
    Hull Heavy Flamer

Veteran Squad II
    3 Meltaguns
    Chimera Transport
    Hull Heavy Flamer

Leman Russ Demolisher
    Hull Heavy Flamer

Leman Russ Demolisher
    Hull Heavy Flamer

Total: 1000

The platoon squads mob up with the commissar, the vehicles mostly move forward to threaten enemy armour. From reading some of SandWyrm's battle reports (Great blog!) I might keep the plasma vets in reserve depending on the situation, but that might dilute my chimeras a bit too much.

I'm not really sure what to do with the CCS. Once I have more chimeras I'll chimeltize the squad, and mount up the PCS but until then they'll just sit near the blob and prived extra firepower, orders and close support.

I had been thinking of changing up a russ for and eradicator, but my primary opponent plays space wolves. Might also have it just be a plain LRBT, but not sure what to do with the saved points other than shave more off and go for a third infantry squad.

Expansion plans to 1500 include a hellhound, more chimeras and mentioned earlier, another infantry squad to blob up with the others, and a manticore (not sure how to work an indirect weapon into the fluff though).

Another related question: what do you guys do for transportation? My end army will include ~6 chimera chassis, 2-3 russes, ~50 infantry and potentially sentinels and vendettas. My current case (a "Battlehive" that I got when I bought the original army quite a while ago) doesn't have room for my second russ but is otherwise convenient for now.

AKA MindSnap

2. Remove Advertisements

In the Loft
    60 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2052 (x8)

Ditch the Sniper Rifles and replace them with G-Launchers. They are more reliable and work better with the Autocannon. Sniper Rifles are pretty poor altogether to be honest with you.

Platoon: Looks good. I prefer G-Launchers to Flamers purely because you get to shoot people from turn one. Flamers you'll get 1 shot off and then die.....if you're lucky.

Vet squads are fine. If you expand to 1500pts I'd grab another Melta squad. You don't want all yout Anti-tank in one basket.

2 Demolishers? yeowch.

All in all I really like the list. It's pretty much a spot on hybrid list. Good effort.

+ Reply to Thread