<2000 First attempt 2k list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First attempt 2k list

This is my first attempt at a marines list so all feedback/pointers will be welcomed

HQ
    Captain - Lightning Claw, Artificer Armour, Storm Bolter 133

Troops
    Tactical Squad - Power Weapon; Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter, Rhino 230

Elites
    Terminator Assault Squad - Land Raider with Multi-Melta 460

Fast Attack
    Land Speeder - Multi-Melta, Assault Cannon
    Vanguard Veteran Squad - Relic Blade; Power Weapon x4, Jump Packs 265

Heavy Support
    Vindicator 115
    Vindicator 115
    Predator - Sponson Lascannons 120

Total - 1998

Any Tips would be greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

HQ:
    who is this fella going with? The Terminators? If so ditch the Storm Bolter and replace it with something hurty like another Claw swap his eqipment for a relic Blade.

ELITES:

Termi's are fine. Any clue as to what the terminators have? 2 with Claws and 3 Hammers is a pretty good combo.

TROOPS:
    Hey, the same set up as mine actually. they don't do well to be honest with you but it's a good all rounder unit. I think you'd get better use out of M-Launchers.

FAST:
    One speeder on his own is a bit of a Target and an easy kill point. I'd find him a friend or put the points else where.
    Vanguard are expensive and not a great use of the points. With that set up they'll have a big sighn saying "shoot me! shoot me now!" and they are, at the end of the day, just 5 marines so wont survive the attention they'll get.

HEAVY:
    Good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Captain will be with the termies which i'm hoping get into combat asap and i was going with 2 TH/SS and 3 LCs. Maybe i could drop the Vanguard Veterans for more land speeders?

The thing that worried me about my army is will it stand up in combat which is why i've tried to keep it fast moving and also to get to the objectives quickly and just set up and shoot.
    6th Ed record w/d/l
    CSM - 3/1/1

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I'd deffinately grab the Captain a beefier close combat weapon then. Use his Init 5 to kill stuff before they get to strike your precious Terminators. As for their ride I would swap it out for a Redeemer. The added troop killyness will help your Terminators out and prevent them getting bogged down against chod troopers like Ork boyz and Gaunts.

The Terminators will hold up in combat but at the moment they're unsupported. Turning the Raider to a Redeemer will help with some close up protection against them and kitting the captain out better will help but they are just one unit and can only do what 1 unit can so don't base your game plan around them. They're something to keep the enemy busy while your tactical squads capture objectives and not much more.

Swapping the Vanguard out for a few more speeders sounds good to me.

+ Reply to Thread