<1000 1000 pt. drop pod - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt. drop pod

I'm new to space marines, and not entirely sure how this list will work out... but I wanted something semi competive, but still fun to play against/play as, which is why I went for a bit more of a mixed feel. Here we go:

Pedro Kantor 175

Sternguard x7
    2x Combi Melta
    Heavy Flamer
    Power Fist
    Drop pod

Sternguard x5
    2x Combi Melta
    Drop pod

Dreadnought
    Heavy Flamer
    Drop pod

Scouts x5
    Bolters
    Heavy Bolter

Scoutsx5
    Sniper Rifles
    Missile Launchers

Whirlwind 85

1000 POINTS

Alright there you have it, take it apart, have fun haha. I don't own any of this exept for the scouts (and a librarian). The only thing i really have to mention is that I'm also thinking of having a dakka predator instead of the whirlwind, and yes I don't really see a huge purpose with the bolter scout squad, any other ideas would be good. Thanks

Nittsua

Nittsua... Eldar and Orks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

sniper rifles and heavy bolter go pretty good together. If not then I'd just say a BP/CCW squad to baby sit the sniper squad-not terribly efficient but better than a bolter scout squad imo

Looks fun, personally prefer dakka preds but the whirlwinds anti-cover rounds are pretty nice. The only problem I can see is you may want a real melta or 2 in your sternguard, just in case you miss in your opening salvo and your dreadnought gets canned. So despite how much I love the heavy flamer I'd switch it for a melta, and then perhaps the heavy bolter in the scout squad for another melta in the other squad, but thats up to you
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, thanks for the advice, i like the idea of possibly getting rid of the heavy bolter for a melta. I really like the idea of the whirlwind, and the fact that i can hide it, so I think i'll stick with it. Any other advice anyone?
    Nittsua... Eldar and Orks

+ Reply to Thread