<2000 2000 pts Blood angel - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts Blood angel

i wanted to start a second army that played very differently tactics wise compared to my Thousand Sons. More in your face like. This is what i came up with.

HQ
    Epostilary Libby

Elite
    Chaplain

Troops

2x Drop pod w/ Deathwind missle and Homer
    DC dread w/ flamer/BT/magne grapple

1x Drop pod w/ Deathwind missle and Homer
    10 man Assault w/ 2 meltaguns and an infernus pistol/PF

1x LRR w/ multimelta
    10 man DC w/ power weapons

2x drop pod
    10 man tact sq.

So depending on who I'm playin I can choose to drop pod 3 before first turn. It would be the 2 DC dreads and the assault sq. Use the 3 deathwind missle launchers and the 2 dreads to pop some tanks and thin some troops on first turn. then homer the LRR into close range with the homers thin some more, charge the first 3 in to tie up all their guys (uber effective against shooty armies). Drop Pod the tact sqauds onto objectives or to support. The libby can wing of sanguinious to the assault sq. to give preferred enemy or lance all their tanks. Chaplain stays with DC of course. I originally only gave half the DC PW and was gonna tank a land speeder. May still or give 1 tact Sq. better support weapons.

I know it doesnt sound normal but 2 DC dreads with BT is overpowered, a chaplain/DC/LRR is OP and then 3 Deathwinds in their deployment area on first turn sound more than enough to throw any army off their game while the 2 tact Squads cap objectives.

Please feel free to give suggestions. I want to drop the money on my new army by end of next week. I originally wanted to do DC only and a lot of ppl complained it was cheese. Then I was gonna do a mech BA army and everyone said more than 1 LR was too cheesy. i looked at black templar and wasn't 2 enthusiastic about it. Too many ppl in my shop play wolves so I'd like to stay away. I am falling out of love with my chaos but still like the SM mechanics.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

leeds yorkshire england am not a yorkie though
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont worry what everyone says , DC isnt cheesy you have no scoring units so you need to kill everything to win so its much harder and you have one battleplan charge go for DC only i wanna do that but kids come first so i have to spend my pennies on them lol

EDIT: oh and you might as well do DC only as you only have one scoring unit anyways just have astorath two DC dreads and run/ jump the DC to kill everything maybe even have some bolter armed DC to er shoot things

EDIT DIT: didnt see the tactical squads id dump em and take all DC id play yer wouldnt bother me if it was cheesy
    Last edited by cheeky plague; April 24th, 2010 at 13:11.
    i rock my world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The DC and chappy are sick together, meaning I like it.

I hadn't considered using all powerweapons in lieu of jump packs. I've been using 10 man with JP, led by reclusiarch, and putting a T-Hammer in the DC. Has worked out quite well. Your approach might be superior, however, as whatever--I mean whatever--the unit touches simply ceases to exist, up to T8.

I use the PF/2MG/10 -man assault squad in rhinos. I have 2 such squads now. Kudos. THey are very surviviable.

Basic tactical squads = nice touch. I'd still try to add a PF there if possible.

Tactial squad expose the problem in the codex IMHO. No combat tactics, and they can't use descent of angels. Therefore in order ot make them usable, I would have dropping hte points of a full squad by a total of 15. That'd be 155 for 10. At that point, it becomes a nice adjunct to the rest of the army. Unfortunately, tacticals in a BA list don't synergize well with rest of the army. Let me quialify by saying i have 6 tacticals/2 devs in my BA army, which I"ve collected since 2003... I love tacticals just not as they are implemented in this book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATES

I put in my order a few hours ago and really changed everything. a gentleman at my local shop that was recently a GW employee that runs a drop pod army made me aware of some MAJOR flaws with my list. needless to say I scrap'd it and came up with this. This is from memory so a few upgrades here and there may be off.

Reclusiarch
    w/ 9man Death Company Sq.
    5 power weapons 1 PF on Reclusiarch
    Stromraven w/ multimelta/assault cannons/hurricane bolters

Librarian w/ sanguinary Priest leading
    9 Assault Sq. w/ Power Fist and a flamer
    Stromraven w/ multimelta/assault cannons/hurricane bolters

2x 9 man tactical squads w power fist in each
    with rhinos

Deathcompany Dreadnaught with heavy Flamer and Dual Blood Talons

1x Vindicator

2000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This new setup is uber fast. The storm ravens cover the advance of the rhinos until i get within 12 inches. Then bum rush the assault sq. DC sq. and dread into there face after the stormravens and vindicator weaken them up. The rhinos can pop just outta charge range to put a round of shooting in the other army at the same time as everyone else and then on the next turn move-run-charge into combat behind the first wave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

comment people!!!

+ Reply to Thread