<2000 1500 pts Inquisition - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

1500 pts Inquisition

I normally run pure Grey Knights, so i think running the Inquisition will be a nice change in pace. I want to try Daemonhosts

HQ

Inquisitor Lord
    • Bolt Pistol
    • Frag Grenades
    • Power Weapon
    • Familiar
    • 2x Mystics
    • 3x Imperial Guard Veterans with Meltaguns
    • Psychic Hood
    • Emperor’s Tarot
    • Land Raider with SL/EA
    Total: 433 pts

ELITES

3x Daemonhosts
    Total: 255 pts

Callidus Assassin
    Total: 120 pts

TROOPS

8x Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
    • 2x Meltaguns
    • Chimera with ML/HB
    • SL/EA
    Total: 193 pts

• 2x Meltaguns
    • Chimera with ML/HB
    • SL/EA

• 2x Plasma Guns
    • Chimera with ML/HB
    • SL/EA

9x Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
    • 2x Grenade Launchers
    Total: 110 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice list, um could you include your strategy or theme...

it would be easier to make notes with how you expect the battle to unfold in mind.

for example if you plan on keeping the daemonhost in the back or slowly move them up? if you plan to move them up is that why you have an IST squad with out a tank- so that they can be picked off by fire?

looking at the list it seem you kept it flexible in that you could either rush in or stay back and wait... my advice is to choose on over the other though because it seems to increase the effectiveness when you do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I have a mate who uses daemon hosts very effectivly, he usualy moves them around out of site until he either rolls teleport, or warp time (12" move, 12" assault) so he can get them to combat

DONT:
    Let them in view of anything str 8, it only takes 1 krak missile to insta kill these guys
    Keep your tanks still, alwyas keep them moving, and make sure those land raider lascannons are always firing.
    Forget your Daemonhosts dont have grenades, so be careful assaulting into cover, if just 1 model is outside of cover, take full advantage of the opening
    Throw Daemonhosts into assaulty units thinking they can win, most units hide a power fist.

However, if you are playing against a swarm army, try and keep your hosts together and throw them all at the same unit, if possible after consolidation, keep them as close as possible to force your opponent into multiple assaulting them, they are tough, and 3 at once is usualy more than most units can handle.

I like daemon host lists, i hope this plays out well for you good luck in your games
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

+ Reply to Thread