<2000 1500pt Flexible - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500pt Flexible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x1)

1500pt Flexible

This is my planned list with the models I'm painting atm - constructive feedback welcome! My PCS's and Veterans would be the ones cruising around in the chimeras, flaming/killing stuff, while the tanks lead the attack.

HQ
    CCS (2x plasma guns, boltgun, company standard, vox) 102

TROOPS
    Platoon 1
    -PCS (3x flamer, vox) 50
    -Infantry Platoon (grenade launcher, vox) 60
    -Infantry Platoon (grenade launcher, vox) 60
    -Heavy Weapons Squad (3x autocannons) 75

Platoon 2
    -PCS (3x flamer, vox) 50
    -Infantry Platoon (grenade launcher, missile launcher, vox) 75
    -Infantry Platoon (grenade launcher, missile launcher, vox) 75

Veterans (Grenadiers, 2x plasma guns, vox) 135

Veterans (Grenadiers, 2x melta guns, vox) 125

2x Chimera (heavy flamer, dozer blade) 130

HEAVY SUPPORT
    3x Leman Russ (Lascannon, heavy bolter sponsons) 555

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A solid list, but here are some things that I would drop:
    CCS: the dual plasma guns, standard and boltgun. In my opinion, these guys should be kitted out with a simple x4 grenade launchers.
    Platoon 1: Solid
    Platoon 2: Solid
    Veterans 1: Drop grenadiers and these guys do very well in a chimera.
    Veterans 2: Same as Vets 1, but x3 meltas are better than x2
    Leman Russes: Split these into 3 separate squads, so that immobilized don't kill them, and I personally don't like sponsons or the hull lascannon, but its up to you.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Drop the bolter unless you fancy buying other bolters to make the points up to 10. 3xgls are mobile and the standard helps keep the peasants happy. drop the vox network entirely.

Troops: Platoons are fine but the PCS with flamers need chimeras. If you keep them on foot take 3 GLs. Flamers are better but the enemy will see them coming and they won't be left alive to get that fantastic flamer shot on a horde. GLs are less impact but they fire many more times per game.
    Vets should take 3 special weapons.

Heavy: Ditch the hull lascannon and I would consider dropping the sponsons. Demolishers with hull LC are ok with no sponsons. Standard russ with hull HB and plasma sponsons can be fun too but basic russ or basic demolishers are great.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Agree with both of the above.

Not a big fan of the Vox network, but understand it has its uses in certain games or on certain tables.
    Definitely got to go for GL's in command squads.

Vets: Grenadiers is points better spent somewhere else I'd say, like the 3rd meltagun. But again, can be useful, and they will be in combat or getting shot more. I'd say drop it but get why youd keep it. Using stormtrooper models for example...

I wouldnt bother with the dozerblades on the bandwagons. Unless your boards are really terrain heavy or you use them a lot I'd say they are useless.

Russ' : Deffo 3 single ones. See I used to use Russ' like that, but I dunno anymore. seems like your asking too much of them. or are wasting a weapon sometimes. Can understand if you keep it tho. personal preference and all...

Otherwise a solid list.
    "I have dug my grave in this place and I will either triumph or I will die!" Reclusiarch Grimaldus

"Those I cannot crush with words I will crush with the Tanks of the Imperial Guard!" Lord Solar Macharius

"Hear Me Inquisitor Ordinary. Obey me. I am of the Malleus!" Inquisitor Jaq Draco

+ Reply to Thread